Stock updates

Ali-G

Hi.

I am very interesting in purchasing the 634 Backlit (thats the 20 x 4), the serial cable and the backlight cable. However, I have a few questions which I would be very grateful if they could be answered.

1. I am in the UK and I would like to know how FedEx deal with customs duty and VAT. Do they charge it to Crystalfontz then my credit card or do I have to pay it upon delivery ?

2. How long would it take to ship the items to the UK ? Here I mean from ordering on the site to it being in my hands.

3. When will the 634, backlit model, be in stock? I know that it says the 16th of July on the site but is there any chance of this date coming forward so I can order earlier rather than wait ?

4. How long do these displays and the backlights last for?

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your reply.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
FAQ's - answered

Hi Ali-G -

Thanks for posting - your questions are frequently asked, so this should be helpful to other viewers as well.

1) Customs Duty & VAT - International Customers (non US)
The recipient (customer) is responsible for all customs and taxes upon arrival of the shipment. In the event that Crystalfontz is charged for any of these fees from FedEx, we reserve the right to bill your card. (This is rarely the case)

For more information, please see the Crystalfontz International Shipping Policies

2) Ship time from from "ordering on the site to it being in my hands"
Assuming no difficulties with credit card processing (card declined, expired, etc.), your order will be processed and shipped within 24 hours on business days, Monday through Friday. If your order is placed on Friday afternoon through the weekend, it will be shipped on the following Monday.

Please note that Crystalfontz processes cards using address verification. Using different Bill To / Ship To addresses for the credit card information may delay order processing.

Our preferred carrier is FedEx, and delivery time is 1-2 days for Europe. Shipping costs for packages up to two pounds to the UK are $26.00.

3) When will the 634, backlit model, be in stock? I know that it says the 16th of July on the site...
Yes, that is the truth, but it will be worth the wait! The 634, 632, and a new product line will be announced around that time. In the mean time, we are busy adding new standard LCDs to the site.

4) How long do these displays and the backlights last for?
The LCD displays and LED backlights have a nominal lifetime of 50,000 to 100,000 hours.

Thanks for stopping in.

Ali-G

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Can`t wait for the new stock to come in . . .Expect my order then :D

Another question . . .Would it be ok if I rang your offices over in the US before ordering just to confirm availability and shipping times?

Thanks again.

CF Tech

Administrator
Hi Ali-G -

Sure, ring us anytime - normal business hours are M-F, 8 to 5. The toll free number is only operational from within the US.

We WILL post all new product announcements here - including stock that is back in - so watch the forum for these announcements as well.

Sidenote (preannouncement) - the black overlays for the 632 bracket kit are due in next week! We will post a formal announcement in a new thread when this new item is on the site.

Thanks for your interest.