Stock Situation

Snoopy

Hey,

I'm looking to buy a backlit 634 serial LCD module from you, and I'm a bit confused by the stock messages! If I go to 'serial LCDs' on the menu system, to the right of the 634 section it states 'in stock'

However, when I go to attempt to order online, I see that both the backlit and reflective displays state that they are backordered.

Is this the case? If so, is the date of the 16th of this month realistic? I am on holiday in Canada until the 21st of this month (from the UK) so really need this to arrive here by the 20th of this month - if the display comes in on the 16th, this shouldn't be a problem.

If I pre-order and find that the items haven't been shipped by, say, the 18th, is it possible for me to cancel my order?

Also, as I will be using a UK credit card and a canadian shipping address, will the UK credit card by verified when I place my order, so that the items will be shipped as soon as they arrive?

Many thanks for your time,

A.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
We strive to have all modules in stock at all times. However the 634 is undergoing an upgrade, and the re-design and re-tooling took us a bit longer than expected.

It does look like the delivery date may be pushed back by a week or so, thus there is a good chance that we will not be able to deliver it to you while you are still in Canada.

If you want to pre-order, you may. We do not charge your credit card until the item ships. You may cancel any order that has not shipped by writing to orders@crystalfontz.com.

Snoopy

Thanks for the swift response. I'll probably wait and pay the extra to get it shipped to the UK though.

Any news on this reworking of the module? Are there going to be any visible enhancements from a user's point of view, or is it just going to be easier manufacturing or similar?

A.

CF Tech

Administrator
Snoopy said:
. . .Any news on this reworking of the module? Are there going to be any visible enhancements from a user's point of view, or is it just going to be easier manufacturing or similar?
Yes:cool:. There will be some announcements soon, but we want to make sure the production is lined up before generating more demand. Stay tuned.