Stats and views Software for a S-Video Out LCD

Paco Deth

Basically, I have done the silly thing of mounting a small 5" LCD intot he front of my case. And am wondering, if there is any such software, to take advantage of the S-Video out on my video card, and have the smal screen run a constant computer stats / visual / or any other manner of candy.

Im sure I could just plop some program into dual display extended desktop mode, but for some games it screws with the mouse scrolling and the mouse still trails to the other screen. Any ideas?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

reider

Paco Deth said:
Basically, I have done the silly thing of mounting a small 5" LCD intot he front of my case. And am wondering, if there is any such software, to take advantage of the S-Video out on my video card, and have the smal screen run a constant computer stats / visual / or any other manner of candy.

Im sure I could just plop some program into dual display extended desktop mode, but for some games it screws with the mouse scrolling and the mouse still trails to the other screen. Any ideas?
A link to the correct software was posted in the Sudhian forum (shuttle computers), looking for it now. The guy built an LCD panel into the front of a shuttle and had tv progs on this screen whilst showing stats on the main, though this could be reversed. If I`m not much mistaken it was University software-I have a copy somewhere just in case I ever need it. Will get back to you asap unless someone else sorts you out.

Steve

reider

One of the following two links will definately yield the info you need and at the same time show you how it was achieved on a Shuttle. The first link is a `how to` so very helpful! The second provoked quite a following in the forum as people got wind of the completed project, about 20 pages-worth a glimpse maybe.

Steve

How to

About the LCD project