Simple Question

Ringo Kid

I've been looking through you site and I like what I see. For one thing, you document the maximum load your fan ports can handle. But, I can't seem to answer one question.

I really want to do a simple thing...

I want the unit to monitor the temperature inside my case and as the temperature rises I want the unit to ramp up the fans. Is this possible?

What software do I need?

I know I can do this with an Innovatek or a Matrix Orbital but I'm just not that impressed.

I'd probably use a 633 with the SCAB.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
I've been looking through you site and I like what I see. For one thing, you document the maximum load your fan ports can handle. But, I can't seem to answer one question.

I really want to do a simple thing...

I want the unit to monitor the temperature inside my case and as the temperature rises I want the unit to ramp up the fans. Is this possible? Yes

What software do I need? CrystalControl2 and USB drivers if you get a USB device

I know I can do this with an Innovatek or a Matrix Orbital but I'm just not that impressed.

I'd probably use a 633 with the SCAB. The 633 includes the fan controller (SCAB) built in (no temp sensors included, tho). The 631 or 635 would need a SCAB
See above.

Ringo Kid

Thanks jc634...

I get it now.

I downloaded CrystalControl2 and installed it temporarily to get at the documentation. You pointing me in the right direction, along with the documentation sold me. This is partly a new build and with four 80 mm case fans going at full bore, it is a bit loud. I have a new E8400 processor which only gets up to 39 deg. C running Prime95, so I really doubt I need the fans going full blast. I also think it's stupid to turn knobs when I have a computer next to me that is smart enough to do it itself.

I'll order it up just as soon as my vet bill is paid. Horses are so damned expensive!

Heffo

To give you an idea of the power the fan connectors on a 633 can handle, I am running TWO 120mm fans off a single fan connector in parallel with each other.

A single fan at full speed is...

12v 525mA, 2650rpm, 132.7cfm

So, with both fans at 100% speed, I am consuming over 1amp of current, so any fans you can throw at it won't get anywhere near melting it down :D