Showing Disk capacity

Dazzler

In CrystalControl v1.00 you can show the drive space info.

The the right there is this "Information Settings" part, where you can select a drive letter to display, and whether you want the show it in kb/mb/gb

Right below those are 2 boxes labeled "Precision" and "Scale"
However they are greyed out. Is this normal ?

If I want to display my space (either free space or total space) in Gbytes, and I have, for instance 5,78 Gbytes free space CrystalControl will only display 5 Gbytes, but not de numbers behind the comma. I suspect the "Precision/Scale" boxes serve to change this, however they are greyed out.

I'm not the onyl person with this problem. What can it be.

P.S I have the CF 634 USB LCD
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
In CrystalControl v1.00 you can show the drive space info.

The the right there is this "Information Settings" part, where you can select a drive letter to display, and whether you want the show it in kb/mb/gb

Right below those are 2 boxes labeled "Precision" and "Scale"
However they are greyed out. Is this normal ?
Yup... those are used for Perfmon data only.

If I want to display my space (either free space or total space) in Gbytes, and I have, for instance 5,78 Gbytes free space CrystalControl will only display 5 Gbytes, but not de numbers behind the comma. I suspect the "Precision/Scale" boxes serve to change this, however they are greyed out.
Try getting the information from the Perfmon section of the information "tree".
Look at "Performance Info -> Logical Disk -> Free Megabytes"
The precision and scale selectors will then work.

Dazzler

Thx,

but I've no such thing as Performance Info -> Logical Disk

I do have Performance Info --> Physical Disk, but that something different all the way !

Dazzler

It's W2K indeed.

Anyway, since there is this seperate item list regarding drive space info already included, perhaps something to improve on a next version of the software ?

Great software already btw!

for now, I'll just put the capacity in Mb, it'll do !