Seiko LCD Help

BlackIce

i recently got a seiko lcd 2014 4x20. i wired it up according to the schematics i got from eio.com http://www.eio.com/lcd2014.htm, i was wondering if someone can help me out because i can't seem to get the lcd working with my parallel port. when i power up my lcd. instead of seing lines 1 and 3 initialize i see all four lines initialize. my lcd backlight seems kinda iffy too. am i doing something wrong if this happens. also are there any recommendations for lcd programs that would work with win xp. if so can anyone please help me out.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

BlackIce

new problem

i rewired my lcd over. i found out that the first time i wired my lcd i had 12v running thru the lcd which result in me seeing all four lines probably. but now i changed it so that 5v ran thru the lcd. hower now when i power up my lcd it seems that lines three and four show up. and line three doesn't show fully it shows basically only half of line 3. what is up with my lcd. could it be that i burned it out or what?