Screen Editor

meklubba

Hi,

I'm just curious to know when the much eagerly awaited screen editor will be released?
I know I've been hoping for it to come with the new release of CC2, released today, which by the way works prefect! :)

/Daniel
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
meklubba said:
Hi,

I'm just curious to know when the much eagerly awaited screen editor will be released?

About the only thing I can say is to be patient. It took 4 months to get the SCAB GUI interface, 635 plug-in and some other very important features working to perfection.

Editing the text screen files (and cc2_service.ini file) gets easier as you play with them.

In the mean time, you might consider some other features that really have not been mentioned with this release, for example:

- Programming the 635 LED's
- Full support for the keypad. You can control 1 module with the keypad of another module, for example.
- Full keyboard support. I use my keyboard to turn on/off the modules.
- Event flags. Many of us Beta testers use events to change to a Winamp screen, with keypad commands specific to that screen only.
- The GUI interface for the temp control is superb. I do not have a 633, however, I do have 2 SCAB modules (attached to a 631 and 635). If you want to control fans, this is the only way to go.

I am sure I missed several other new features. I know that daks or reider will remind me (and tell you) what I have forgot.

If you all want to know how it is done, ask what you want and I am sure we can provide the code to get it done. Just don't ask for the impossible!:D

Again, be patient. Let a few of suffer thru the bugs and problems, so that when the GUI screen editor is released, it will be as perfect as this version is.;)

Jim

meklubba

Hi,

It was not my intention to sound ingreatfull, if someone interpretated my message as if I were then I apologize.

I have a 634-module, looks like I have yet another reason to buy a 635... :)

I've looked through some files, cc2_service.ini, cc2_perfmon.ini, cc2_histogram.ini, cc2_keyboard.ini and CPU+HDD+MEM+SWP Use Histogram.2004.

Regarding the events in cc2_service.ini, it looks like it utilizes some sort of pseudo-script languge with internal commands, I'm refering to if_type= and do_type=
Is it possible to get a reference of how to make your own event-handlers and corresponding event-definitions like the ones in cc2_keyboard.ini. A simple C/C++ header file will do.

I looks like the information in the cc2_perfmon.ini and cc2_histogram.ini is duplicated and changed some what in the screen definition file (CPU+HDD+MEM+SWP Use Histogram.2004), is it possible to get an explanation on how the ini-files are connected, to how the protocol works and how to set up your own screen definition files?
Things like what the constants meen for precision=0 and multiplier=1 in cc2_perfmon.ini for instance.

Best regards, Daniel

CF Mark

Administrator
Regarding the events in cc2_service.ini, it looks like it utilizes some sort of pseudo-script languge with internal commands, I'm refering to if_type= and do_type=
Is it possible to get a reference of how to make your own event-handlers and corresponding event-definitions like the ones in cc2_keyboard.ini. A simple C/C++ header file will do.
Look in the "cc2-service/plugin_info" directory.
The "cc2_service.ini" file in there has all the info.

I looks like the information in the cc2_perfmon.ini and cc2_histogram.ini is duplicated and changed some what in the screen definition file (CPU+HDD+MEM+SWP Use Histogram.2004), is it possible to get an explanation on how the ini-files are connected, to how the protocol works and how to set up your own screen definition files?
Things like what the constants meen for precision=0 and multiplier=1 in cc2_perfmon.ini for instance.
For definitions, again, see the plugin_info directory.

As for how everything is connected...
Best to ignore the loadable screen files for the moment, and just learn how the main plugin and service ini's work first.

Everything works around the ID numbers. ID numbers are completley random.
The CC2 service loads the main "cc2_service.ini" from which it knows what items are displayed on the LCD.
An item can either be a string or an ID number.
If its an ID number, the service will ask all plugins for the data that the ID number is associated with.
If a plugin replies with the data for that ID number, that data (text or number) will be then displayed.
If no plugins know the ID number, "[E01]" will be displayed on the LCD.

jc634

Administrator
meklubba said:
Hi,

It was not my intention to sound ingreatfull, if someone interpretated my message as if I were then I apologize.

I have a 634-module, looks like I have yet another reason to buy a 635... :)

I've looked through some files, cc2_service.ini, cc2_perfmon.ini, cc2_histogram.ini, cc2_keyboard.ini and CPU+HDD+MEM+SWP Use Histogram.2004.

Best regards, Daniel
No need to apologize.;) If I were you, I would be asking the same question.:D

Software development is an iterative process of adding features, finding bugs, fixing bugs, fixing new bugs, etc. I think you know what I mean.

Between the initial CC2 release and this one, I had one bug named after me, partly because I found it and partly because it kept reappearing! :p

Regarding your other questions, I trust CC admin can help you out there.

Jim

meklubba

Thanks for all response and help! :)

I've got answers to most questions by reading the files sugested by CC Admin, and raised some more... :D
I will move into the plugins and user screens forum with my other questions, where they belong... ;)

/Daniel

reider

meklubba said:
Thanks for all response and help! :)

I've got answers to most questions by reading the files sugested by CC Admin, and raised some more... :D
I will move into the plugins and user screens forum with my other questions, where they belong... ;)

/Daniel
If you`re as interested and willing to learn, as you very much sound, you`ll recieve oodles of help around the Plugins and User Screens area. We welcome and try to help everyone in there.

'The JC Anomaly', that brings back memories ;)

Steve

meklubba

Yepp :D
I've searched through the two areas for info and found many!

I'm not quite sure of how to align text, scroll text or if it is possible to scroll in different directions. Some theories say it is the options=xx that is the key, where xx is an integer. :)

I've downloaded Jonathan Gordon's jdg_time.dll plugin, do I need a jdg_time.ini in the service folder as well and if yes, what to put in the ini-file to get the plugin working?

/Daniel

jc634

Administrator
meklubba said:
Yepp :D
I've searched through the two areas for info and found many!

I'm not quite sure of how to align text, scroll text or if it is possible to scroll in different directions. Some theories say it is the options=xx that is the key, where xx is an integer. :)

I've downloaded Jonathan Gordon's jdg_time.dll plugin, do I need a jdg_time.ini in the service folder as well and if yes, what to put in the ini-file to get the plugin working?

/Daniel
Read the cc2_service.ini file in the plugin_info directory for scrolling options.

No, you should not need to create the .ini file.

Jim

reider

Every time we added a screen the beggar defaulted the cc2_service.ini and we lost keypad control, Winamp controls and gawd knows what else. So, we re-edited the cc2_service.ini and it all worked ok again, until we added a screen, then it started over. It got so we had to put a copy of the cc2_service.ini to one side whilst we made changes. Woe betide anyone who forgot or wiped the machine.

As bugs went, JC`s is the one to beat all. Sure we miss it sometimes ;) Time you spotted another one soon Jim, we can do a 'JCs Anomaly Revisited' then.

Steve

Last edited:

jc634

Administrator
reider said:

As bugs went, JC`s is the one to beat all. Sure we miss it sometimes ;) Time you spotted another one soon Jim, we can do a 'JCs Anomaly Revisited' then.

Steve
See my message in the plug-in section regarding jd's rss reader. It is a real CC2 killer!:D

Jim

jc634

Administrator
daks001 said:
Did that one pop up again????
We just like to reminisce about the good times!:D

We better watch out or CC admin might permanently close this thread if we keep talking about it!:D :D :D

Jim