SCAB fan question

CornPopz

Since I'm going to have to replace my beloved serial 632 I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone (I want a fanbus to control my noisy windtunnel fans) and get the 635 with the SCAB. Now, the SCAB's tech sheet mentions how it controls the speed using the fan's tachometer signal, but some of my fans only have the + and - wire, no tach. Can I still control the fans without much of a problem? Any little nuggets of information that I should know would be appreciated as well.

Happy to see the development on these things continuing, my 632 is one of the most useful parts on my computer :D
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
CornPopz said:
Now, the SCAB's tech sheet mentions how it controls the speed using the fan's tachometer signal, but some of my fans only have the + and - wire, no tach. Can I still control the fans without much of a problem?
Simply put, yes. The tach signal is for monitoring. I do have some of my fans hooked up this way.

Jim