SCAB Boards

Grentz

Ok, i have heard talk of them, seen them in the CAD 3D views, and now i am curious

What exactly are they? Are they to add temp/fan connections to displays without?

Also how do you find details on them/order them as they are not listed on the site ?

Just curious, the LCD world is new to me, I am not new to PCs, just lcds :)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Grentz

well after looking some more it seems they are to add temp and fan control,

So like whats the ball park on price ?

My 635 Should be here tomorrow and i am excited just to play with it even without temp/fan control :p

jc634

Administrator
The SCAB board is an add-on board to the 631 and 635 LCS's. It allows one to add temp sensors and control fans in CrystralControl2.

It is much more sophisticated and configurable than those cheapy fan control bay inserts.

Auto control with temp sensors or manual control.

They are available (I have 2). Contact CF directly.

Jim

Grentz

ok, thanks for your reply

I have felt like a dumb noob as i had sent like 5 emails back and forth just ordering the 635 :eek:

Maybe i will have to send another email ;)

I am just curious for a ballpark price :cool:

jc634

Administrator
Grentz said:
ok, thanks for your reply

I have felt like a dumb noob as i had sent like 5 emails back and forth just ordering the 635 :eek:

Maybe i will have to send another email ;)

I am just curious for a ballpark price :cool:
The 635 is a very nice display. You'll love it.

I have a very early version of the SCAB. CF will have to answer your cost question.

If you want auto-control, you will need some temp sensors, also.

Jim

Grentz

Ok, another wierd one

Could you use temp sensors like these
http://www.coolermaster.com/index.p...U01&other_title=+HSC-U01+Thermal Sensor Cable

with the SCAB boards....they are 2 pin instead of 3 pin, but they are nice as they are thin and premade (no soldering made)

I understand you would have to daisy chain them if you wanted more then one, but it seems like they might work

I have a musketeer that came with one and they are great temp probes as they are so flat and small (as thin as paper)

jc634

Administrator
Need 3-pin. I believe that there is some info in the forums about making your, and they must be a specific type.

daks001

Grentz said:
Ok, another wierd one

Could you use temp sensors like these
http://www.coolermaster.com/index.p...U01&other_title=+HSC-U01+Thermal Sensor Cable

with the SCAB boards....they are 2 pin instead of 3 pin, but they are nice as they are thin and premade (no soldering made)

I understand you would have to daisy chain them if you wanted more then one, but it seems like they might work

I have a musketeer that came with one and they are great temp probes as they are so flat and small (as thin as paper)
The 633 specs will give you a good idea about the SCAB. The easiest way to connect temp probes (32) is here:
WRDOWY Temp probes

Or if you are real interested making them yourself follow this link;

Dallas temp sensor

A way to use those temp sensors;
Make your own sensors

I read somewhere that someone made theirs thinner by carefully sanding one down. You might wreck one or two learning how thick the casing is but it worked for them they claim.