Saving "setups"

Belgarius

I understand pretty much the way you can save a particular screen, but was wondering if there is a method where you can save a "set" of screens, instead of having to load each one for a particular application. For instance, my primary use of my 631 is for system monitoring, so what is loaded by default when CC starts is for the most part, satisfactory. On the other hand, there are occasions where I would like to be able to monitor a different set of screens, say for gaming or benchmarking purposes. Have I overlooked the obvious again? :(

Belgarius
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
No you havn't.
There isnt a way to save a set of screens, and flip between them.

Really the only way you could do it is by exporting the module data from the registry.

Belgarius

CrystalControl Admin said:
No you havn't.
There isnt a way to save a set of screens, and flip between them.

Really the only way you could do it is by exporting the module data from the registry.
Ah... I hadn't thought of that possibility. Out of curiosity, and sheer laziness, which key would contain that information? I suppose one could come up with a method that would allow the exporting and importing of a selection of registry keys holding the various settings. Perhaps a thought for a future release of the software?

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

Belgarius

Belgarius

Ah, thanks... so that's where it was.:D
It should be easy enough to simply save my "setups" under different names, and then import the one that I want to use. Does CC support any sort of plugin interface that might be used? My knowledge of programming is a bit limited, as a hardware type, but I'd be willing to give something a shot if it were plausible. Might come in handy for others with similar interests...

Belgarius

Belgarius

So it goes...;)

Back to the old drawing board. Not that it's really all that difficult to export and import keys, I'm just inherently lazy at times.:D

Belgarius

grant

Belgarius, did you try this? I think I'm going to, but I wonder if the software has to be restarted to respond to the new registry entries.

Belgarius

grant said:
Belgarius, did you try this? I think I'm going to, but I wonder if the software has to be restarted to respond to the new registry entries.
I've not tried it without stopping the software first, so I can't verify if it will read the new registry entries without restarting. From my limited experience in dealing with software that relies on registry settings for loading variables, it would require a restart to read in the new values, yes...

As far as exporting and importing different "screen sets", that part works perfectly, as long as you remember to give them different key names. I'm thinking of seeing whether or not I can use the netstart and netstop command in a batchfile to load different setups from the command line, it looks feasible to me, but then again, I am by no means an expert on these things.;)

Belgarius