samsung LT121S1-101 SCREEN

sonickila

hey new to this forum and ive been searching internet for ages on lcd mods and this seemed the best place to post my question everything i will explain is guess work and wot i've found on the net well hear goes. I was given a monitor by a mate which he said was for a mac or something after looking at it, it has some sort of 36 pin centronics connector not vga or ega so i took it apart to find it was a samsung lt121s1-101 screen after long searches i could not find any data sheets etc for this but i have found the screen has been found in laptops too, the monitor consists of lcd screen, flurescent tube, contrast slider and something called a termination board the monitor is made by keycorp limited. well after detaching the termination board and contrast slider i found the pinouts which connect to the termination board(i think this is the controller not sure though). they are

TVDD
TGND=THESE 2 IM ASSUMING ARE FOR THE POWER

TR0
TR0+
TR1
TR1+
TR2
TR2+
TCK
TCK+
also these are the pinouts for the connector which connects to mac
1.nc(not connected i think)
2.nc
3.Gnd(ground)
4.clk
5.hsync
6.vsync
7.gnd
8.ro(r0-r5=red i think)
9.r1
10.r2
11.r3
12.r4
13.r5
14.gnd
15.g0(g0-g5=green i think)
16.g1
17.g2
18.g3
19.g4
20.g5
21.gnd
22.b0(b0-b5=blue i think)
23.b1
24.b2
25.b3
26.b4
27.b5
28.gnd
29.enab
30.vcc(power i think)
31.vcc
32.opt1
33.opt2
34.nc

Does anyone have any idea wot the 1st set of pinouts mean so i can get started trying the mod which is getting this screen to run on scart or s-video so it can be hooked directly to the dvd player for my home cinema projector so i dont need to use the pc to watch films all the time any help or ideas would be great i will
post images of the screen and the circuits with it if ya need them to give you a better idea of wot the parts look like
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments