Samsung 173p lcd problem

matticus1181

I just got this monitor, plug it in via the DVI plug and it works fine in 1024X768, I try to change the resolution to 1280X1024, and the monitor goes black and that's all that happens...it doesn't come back...1280X1024 is a supported resolution, and I have installed the drivers that came with the monitor. Anyone have any ideas why the screen goes blank when trying to change the resolution? thanks...
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

reider

Though your LCD monitor is capable of the higher resolution maybe your video card is not, or needs new drivers. You didn`t mention the make of video card so I can only guess at this.

Steve

matticus1181

I have a Geforce FX5600 Ultra with the new drivers...I switched to the regular RGB plug, and the switch to a higher resolution works fine....So it has something to do with the DVI plug, I just don't know what....

matticus1181

yeah, i loaded the drivers...the monitor is stuck at 60hz right now...i could try overriding them to 75hz, cause that's what it's supposed to run at at 1280X1024....