Right combination of IM2..0 on CFAF240400D-030T

frnando

Hi,

I was running the CFAF240400D-030T on a alpha version of a prototype, when I discovered that the combinational table of IM2..0 on the CFAF's datasheet is wrong. Using a 8 bit bus, and the recommended levels (IM2..0 = 011), I got some misplaced bits, and color noise making me think we're on the 9-bit mode, so when I changed the IM2 bit to 1 (IM2..0 = 111), I got all bits in the right places.

I am now putting to run the Beta version of the prototype, but this time, we're using then 16-bit mode to speed-up things. Of course the datasheet recommended levels didn't worked either (IM2..0 = 010), and I got some signs of work with the combinations 000, 001, 100 and 101.

I will evaluate the behaviour better, but I need some confirmation of the REAL states of the IM2..0 pins for each operational situation (8-bit, 16-bit, 9-bit, 18-bit) so I not run the module on a out-of-specs condition. The datasheet for sure doesn't hold the correct combinations.

Regards,

Fernando A.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.