Requested feature for CC2

Chris Knowles

Would it be possible to implement the following in Crystal Control v2? I'm unsure if this is possible which CC1, but I don't think it is:

Ability for the screen to switch off or dim when windows is idle (similar to turning off a main display)

Also, I was wondering if you were getting anyone to help out with CC2? I for one would be willing to help you progress a bit quicker. I have several years programming experience in many different languages, so I could at least help you with some parts.

Thanks,

Chris
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Hello.

Ill look into it... not sure how ill be able to detect if the PC is idle from a NT service though.

Thanks for the offer.
Ill PM you later about helping out.

P

Pfc Joker

Itunes support is high on my list :D Make it just like Winamp. Itunes even has a small display thats on all the time that looks just like an LCD with multiple screens.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

P.S. I have little to no programing experiance but have no problems testing beta software, so if ya want some imput let me know.

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Thanks for the sugestions.
Then problem is that both those methods will rely on windows powersaving states and timeouts.
I can detect key presses from inside the service... i guess i could use that as an indication of usage (like: turn off LCD backlight if no key pressed in 20mins).
Im not sure if i could do the same with mouse movement though.

P

Pfc Joker

Surely all you need to do is.........
Call me stupid but why so much interest in dimming the LCD? Big deal, wouldn't you rather have support for displaying info from running apps.

All the little programs that gamers, power users, and video editors use seem to have potential info you could display.

For example, with gamers you have Fraps info. Power users might want to display SiSoft, 3DMark, HDTach, etc. People doing video would love to display CCE encoding data.

I don't know if any or all of these things might be possible but just one would be cooler than dimming the LCD. :rolleyes:

Chris Knowles

Yes, those things would be great but I was just discussing the feature I requested, not the other ones that could be added. With CC v2 you will be able to write your own plugins to display all the above things you mentioned, but the feature I requested can only be implemented in the main software and cannot be done with a plugin system (unless it's a very strange plugin system which can alter how the main software works).

CF Mark

Administrator
Ahh, ok.

Well that will be easy done using the WM_POWERBROADCAST and related messages.

Same way i do it in CC1.