Re-using of old LCD panels

space-man

Hi everybody,

I have an old laptop Toshiba satelite pro 460cdt.
I want to use it's LCD as a stand alone Flat panel monitor.

connectors are of laptop/scsi type, power its from motherboard probably up to 12V but thats not an problem.

My problem is that i do not know the cabeling and power configuration as well as i do not have a clue about connectors.

Do i need a build in graf. card or i just have to change the connectors and use a grafic card from the comp?

But than again i need to know the layout of the cables to make this work and there is pleant more cables comming out of the screen then there is a places to stick in to connector.

Is there anybody who could take me out of dark?
Something to read or personal experiance would be to my advantage. thanx
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CHUPACABRA

More than likely if it came out of a laptop it will need a lcd controller.Your better off buying a new lcd panel because these controlers go from $200-$500.

sui_winbolo

Yeha those lcd controllers are really expensive, but some people have mad controllers themselves, but you need to really know your lcd material to do it, and still it might not work, its pretty much trash to you, if you can't use it in a laptop. Best thing to do would be put it on ebay and buy a new lcd.

Ronal

use laptop LCD as a stand alone Flat panel monitor

It is not expensive. Only 78dollars. The kit including an a/d converter, inverter, vga cable, power adapter, cable for lcd to convetrer.

josh22205

It is not expensive. Only 78dollars. The kit including an a/d converter, inverter, vga cable, power adapter, cable for lcd to convetrer.

What is the name of the company? And how many LCDs are they compatable with?

Mine is an LG/Philips LM151X2-C2TH 15" LCD...

Thanks