quick question on lcd size

Ferrari355

do you think a 16x2 is too small to show weather info?

And Also a 634 Display wont fit in a single drive bay right?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
I show 3 lines of weather info on my 634.

- Current weather conditions

With the rss/xml plugin, you can choose the info to be displayed. A 16 x 2 would be adequate, with the lines set to scroll.

If this is a question about an existing display, I hope this answers your question. If you are in the market for a new one, I would HIGHLY recommend the 635. 20x4 in a single 5-1/4 bay. Buttons/LEDS/etec. I have one and it is simply the best display you can get for features vs price.

Jim

reider

Ferrari355 said:
Well this would be my 2nd lcd from crystalfontz just wondering which one is best.
The 634 would not fit in a single drive bay. The 635 would do so and is close tiled so text appears neater. The 635 also has a keypad, which has gained a lot of support under beta testing recently. As a bonus it also has a compliment of LEDs to showcase certain features. Your call! ;)

Steve

daks001

Ferrari355 said:
But here is the thing... weather software for the 634 would it still work with the 635?
Yep, in fact you would not even have to edit the screens (Unless you wanted to add screen specific button control for the 635)!

reider

I forsee the addition of button control, in the very near future, being a quick and easy change too. Watcha waiting for? ;)

Steve