Questions

H8ter

HAHA!!

I was coming to get help and you already did it for me. That works great. If now I could only get MBM to work with the text on the same screen.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

reider

H8ter said:
HAHA!!

I was coming to get help and you already did it for me. That works great. If now I could only get MBM to work with the text on the same screen.
So, am I right in saying you want something like a screen which shows a couple of lines of personal text and MBM temp data? If so let me know and I`ll have a look at it for you when I get back, on holiday at the moment. Done an Fdisk and Format for my Dad and logged in here to test the net.

Let me know if you want fixed permanant text (let me know what it is if so) or text prompt boxes so you can change it every so often, how many lines you want the facility on and which particular lines you prefer. What MBM screen you`re using and currently on how many lines. Please amend the template below to show your requirments.

Speedfan is better as far as I`m concerned, but that is a personal opinion. MBM is going now anyway, no more updates and support will gradually be phased out.

Line 1 Permenant text/text input/MBM Data (if permenant text then what text you want)
Line 2 Permenant text/text input/MBM Data (if permenant text then what text you want)
Line 3 Permenant text/text input/MBM Data (if permenant text then what text you want)
Line 4 Permenant text/text input/MBM Data (if permenant text then what text you want)
My current MBM screens in use are?

Steve

Last edited:

H8ter

LOL

If I could get speedfan to work I could tell ya. I guess I can figure that out later. I was trying to get cpu temp and speed on seperate lines, bargraphs or histos would be nice. 1st and 2nd lines respectively. Bare with me, I am supernoob when it comes to this. 3rd line text, any random input. 4th line, time and date mm/dd/yyyy format. time 12 hour format.

I think from that file I should be able to edit to anything I could ever want.

Thanks in advance

jc634

Administrator
H8ter said:
LOL

If I could get speedfan to work I could tell ya. I guess I can figure that out later. I was trying to get cpu temp and speed on seperate lines, bargraphs or histos would be nice. 1st and 2nd lines respectively. Bare with me, I am supernoob when it comes to this. 3rd line text, any random input. 4th line, time and date mm/dd/yyyy format. time 12 hour format.

Download some of the screens I have uploaded. Most of what you want is there (in separate files). Copy and paste as desired to make the screen you want. If you want, I can make you one, except it would be better to make your own so that you can figure out the programming yourself.:)

I am not into histograms, but you simply change some bargraph entries to histograms.

Again, try it yourself. If you get stuck, upload your screen here and I am sure I can fix.

Jim

reider

H8ter said:
LOL

I think from that file I should be able to edit to anything I could ever want.

Thanks in advance
As requested, its now done. However, I should be taking delivery of a 634 screen tomorrow (thankyou, ahem-Santa Clause!) and would like to test it on this as it is quite a complex file. I have no doubt JC will talk you through the MBM and CPU temp side as I`ve edited his screens to suit. Jim is purty good with that stuff, we have an excellent calibre of enthusiasts in here.

I warn you guys, its looking like lots more 631 and 634 screens will be appearing on a PC near you shortly, heh heh!

Steve

reider

Ok guys, have a play with this. It fits the bill except for the histograms etc, not implemented at this time. Text is by text entry box, on line 3. Four lines of data in the same order as requested. If you have any troubles with MBM then please address it in the main forum wherever the plugin was used, I simply utilised the ID numbers. Unfortunately MBM is no longer given the support it once had, many now prefer Speedfan (including myself). If you have any good/bad/indifferent comments on the screen in general then please post here. Not tested on the 634 yet but the plane is on its way as we speak!

Posted now to save anyone waiting too long. I welcome feedback as I have the following 634 screens waiting in the wings till Wednesday.....

Mixed 4 line screen as above, MBM based, English date
Mixed 4 line screen as above, Speedfan based, English date
Mixed 4 line screen as above, Speedfan based, US date

Regards and best wishes to all,

Steve

Attachments

H8ter

WOW... that is way more difficult thatn I imagined. It works for me.. but I still get the unavailable data from speedfan. I will work through that. This is still gibberish when I look at it. I hope I can get to the point where I know what all these strings are for. Thanks guys, I keep you all posted.

BTW... I am super jealous of you two. I wish I had your knowledge.

reider

One thing I did find when editing the screens. Don`t keep more than one copy of a file loaded in a screen and/or more than one on a 631 and a 634 if they use the degree symbol. If you do then they are all vieing for the symbol from Cchar at the same time. If you have two examples loaded, say a speedfan one and a MBM one then unload both and reload one, then the degree symbol will work. i will take this up with CC admin/Tech directly, it is old software only and probably needs updating-though my implementation is a bit grasping, heh heh!

I had myfan.2002 on the 631 and a 2004 file on my new 634 with a degree symbol on and only one of them will show the symbol. Same with two seperate 2004 screens on the 634 or 2002 screens on the 631.

Got a few 634 screens almost ready to go. Be finished soon, when my head stops spinning. Lost my internet connection today (ISP problem), fought to get my email working as spam filters were stopping my own domain mail from working unless using webmail (ISP problem again) then got a virus trying to get in the door. Didn`t make it but I checked all machines as it got through two firewalls buried in an HTML page. Whoa, what a day!!!

In between, managed to install/test the new 634 screen (thanks again Santa!!!) and edit quite a few screens for it. Some instructions written and a problem log for the degree symbol started. I`m going back to work, its easier heh heh!

Steve

H8ter

Dang Steve... sounds like you were a good boy this year. You'll love the 634, I love mine. I just need to understand this programing thing. I have some ideas that I would like to see happening on my screen, Just have no clue right now. I guess I am just venting... not bothering you guys with it. ... ... ... ... yet

reider

H8ter said:
Dang Steve... sounds like you were a good boy this year. You'll love the 634, I love mine. I just need to understand this programing thing. I have some ideas that I would like to see happening on my screen, Just have no clue right now. I guess I am just venting... not bothering you guys with it. ... ... ... ... yet
OK H8, sounds like you want to get in on the fun. If CC Admin/Tech have no objection I`ll put some info up for you and others to play with. I`ll do it in such a way that its relatively safe to experiment without spoiling your setup. Just leave it a few days and we`ll see if there are any objections. I`m not the expert anyway, just a bodger at heart heh heh! Maybe it might turn into a group entry, who knows-some knowledgable chaps around here.

The forthcoming screen editor will probably supercede some of this but the knowledge is still useful in diagnosing problems etc....
Now, I`ve got four new screen edits to document and upload, then at least two more user requests to look at, so its chop chop busy busy work work bang bang! Only 11.30 and 5 more days off work so I should get some done.

Steve