Questions about smalles LCDs from laic.

dabekk

Hi there,
I'm totally laic about LCDs. I've got few questions to You guys.
I want to buy the display, which displays to the largest number of characters at once, with scroll using buttons(up and down). Max width 5cm, length as small as possible with a miniature power supply.
Upload text to the display had to be done by computer and it should keep like few tousands or more of characters. Do you have any suggestions, what else I need?

Thank You very much,
Kamil.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

... it should keep like few tousands or more of characters. Do you have any suggestions, what else I need?.
The displays that Crystalfontz makes only store the characters that are displayed on the screen. If you need something to store 1000's of characters and scroll through them, you will need a microcontroller added to the display, which will store the characters and process the pushbutton presses to change the text on the display. This is something you will have to make yourself. Maybe there is a device on the market to do this already, but I am not aware of it.