Quality of Datasheets

Moog gEEk

I'm sorry, no offense to the workers of CrystalFontz, but your datasheets are extremely confusing.
And it's not just me, I've discussed this with Co-workers and Clients and we all agree, who wrote these things?

Anyways, off to my question.

Our Client has choosen the CFAG16080A-TMC-T.
I'm fairly aware of all the in's and out's regarding Vo and the fact that a 10-20K pot will be used to adjust contrast (which i must note is terribly under-explained in the Datasheet, yet is pretty well explained in these forums, why not just make the datasheets clear then you won't have to answer the same question 30x in these forums!!!!???).

So on this datasheet you claim the typical Supply Voltage for the LCD is 13.5V, fair enough.
Then you go on to claim that the Vee output is (-5V) in Section 7 of the document.
Also you claim that typically the supply voltage for Logic is around 5V.
Now when i do the math i see that 5V - -5V=10V differential.

But you clam that VDD-VO = 13.5V, how can this be done?

Thanks for your help,

PS. Why is there nobody around when I call Crystalfontz at 1pm Pacific on a friday afternoon?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
The Vee = -5v is most likely an error. It is probably -10v. I will have the data sheet looked at, and we will get it corrected.

> PS. Why is there nobody around when I call Crystalfontz at 1pm Pacific on a friday afternoon?

We have a lunch meeting every other Friday. Except for those times, the phones should be answered from 9:00am to 4:00pm minimum on business days.