Public CrystalControl2 Beta Release Testing

Crystalmancer

I just installed the 9-15 exe. Installed without a hitch. No restart was nice. Everything working out of the box so far.

This is all on a 735 and 635, Win7 Ultimate x64.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Anime

Have an error in CC 2 (latest beta version) on win 10 anniversary update that Chrome hangs if you want to edit text in Chrome.
the error does not exist in the last stable version.

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Well that's an interesting one... thanks for the video, and bringing it to our attention.

Can you try disabling CC2 plugins that you don't use?
To do this:
- Stop and close CC2 completely
- Use explorer to browse to the CrystalControl2 program files directory (probably C:\Programs Files (x86)\CrystalControl2).
- Create a directory in there called "disabled plugins" or similar.
- Move the DLL files for the all plugins that you dont use into that "disabled plugins" directory.
- Start CC2 as normal.
... then retry your test as in the video.

Anime

I'll try and edit this post if I have found the plugin whith the error. Hope it is none of my used plugins.

--EDIT
I have no idea what the error is. Have all unused plugins moved and successively copied plugin for plugin back and every time cc2 restarted. had no errors. :confused:
STRANGE THING
Is that perhaps because I had installed the stable again and for the test had to reinstall the beta version?

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
I cant think of a reason why replacing the beta with the standard version, then back to beta would fix the problem.
... but it's good to hear the problem has been fixed for the moment anyway :)

If you do have that issue again, please do let us know. It would be great to work through it with you and find the cause.

lordimac

Hey there, have a problem with my CF835 and Windows 10 using the latest CrystalControl 2 Beta on Windows 10 1607.

CrystalControl doesn't save my Changes to the cc2_service.ini

Any ideas?

shadow250

hi i have a cfa 634 that i cant get to work on windows 10. with win 7 i could use crystal control 2 but it wont even start in this, no errors no nothing.

hi i have a cfa 634 that i cant get to work on windows 10. with win 7 i could use crystal control 2 but it wont even start in this, no errors no nothing.
Have you tried setting the properties of the CC2 executable to compatibility mode for Win7 or XP? While you are at it, it might help to check "run as administrator".

shadow250

i did both, it shows in processes but it wont open. are there any libraries or other programs it depends upon? i just installed win 10 yesterday so it could be missing something.

Last edited:

CF Kelsey

Administrator
Staff member
On the bottom right of the screen in the "hidden icons" section, there should be the crystalfontz logo that indicates CC2 is running.
1638890844871.png

If you right click on the blue one, you should get the option to "configure". Clicking that will open CC2. If that doesn't work, try restarting it from that menu.

Last edited:

shadow250

what is the latest version of cc2 ? i have 2150915/1210 it flashed a newer version is available then wouldnt start again. the green user space is there but the blue one is gone. i tried restarting the comp and cc2 config but nope.

shadow250

thanks for the help it is working now :D . i have one more small issue though. How do i get uac to stop asking me if i want to run it every time i reboot? i know turning it off will work but i like to keep in on the first level so if it will tell me if an unauthorized program tries to run.