Public CrystalControl2 Beta Release Testing

CF Mark

Administrator
Greetings all,

To hopefully speed up the beta testing process, this new build of CrystalControl2 is being made public.

This build fixes a lot of old bugs, and adds limited CFA835 support.
There are no other new features or plugins.

The new version is attached, download and install as per normal.
Please report any issues you have with this version of CrystalControl2 in this thread.

------------------

Download latest version: View attachment cc2setup-20150915.exe

Updated 15/09/2015 changes:
- Fixed CFA533 module selection
- Minor Vista/7/9/10 app control fix

Updated 28/08/2015 changes:
- Removed the administrator warning dialog from the screen editor.
- Fixed installer to add cc2_tray to the start list on Win Vista/7/8/10
- Removed installer restart windows prompt on Win Vista/7/8/10
- Added "start now" installer prompt on Win Vista/7/8/10
- Other minor installer cleanups / bugfixes

Updated 25/08/2015 changes:
- Removed the "NT Service" option for Windows 7, 8, and 10.
- Added new vcdist installer to the package.
- Includes the new HWiNFO plugin.

Known issues:
- CFA835 FBSCAB problems when coming back from PC power sleep mode.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Crystalmancer

Downloaded.

I'll report back with any comments or issues.

Is there a change log? If it's not too much trouble, what bugs got fixed.

flux

It seems memory information is no longer working. The flux_coretemp screen I'd made way back had MB used / MB total on the third line, which was pulling from System Information, as best as I can recall. Now the screen itself shows [E01] in place of both the used and total MB, and NOID shows in the configuration screen for CC2. However, CoreTemp is working again - CoreTemp reporting broke for me a while back, possibly when CoreTemp 1.0 RC6 was released. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Last edited:

Crystalmancer

It seems memory information is no longer working. The flux_coretemp screen I'd made way back had MB used / MB total on the third line, which was pulling from System Information, as best as I can recall. Now the screen itself shows [E01] in place of both the used and total MB, and NOID shows in the configuration screen for CC2. However, CoreTemp is working again - CoreTemp reporting broke for me a while back, possibly when CoreTemp 1.0 RC6 was released. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?
I had the same problem. After about an hour of fiddling unsuccessfully with it, I did the following, which worked:

1. Reassigne MB used / MB total locations. This should make the correct readings show up in the config screen, but you will probably still see the [E01] on the LCD.

2. While CC2 is running, unplug your units USB plug, wait like 10 seconds and plug it back in. I'm not sure why this worked for me, when restarting and completely shutting down my laptop did not.

Not guaranteeing anything, but it worked for me.

rschissler

Greetings all,

To hopefully speed up the beta testing process, this new build of CrystalControl2 is being made public.

This build fixes a lot of old bugs, and adds limited CFA835 support.
There are no other new features or plugins.

The new version is attached, download and install as per normal.
Please report any issues you have with this version of CrystalControl2 in this thread.
When I try to run this file I get a "can't open" attachment.php file message?

CF Mark

Administrator
Well that is strange.
Im not seeing that problem here. Clicking on the link downloads the EXE file as it should.

Can you zip up that file it downloads and attach it back in here?
It'll help us fix the download problem.

rschissler

I don't see a paperclip icon, to attach a file here.

Here is a screen capture to show what I see when clicking on the file above.
Capturephp.JPG

rschissler

Still seems odd having to rename the file to get it to install.

How do you keep it running? Though in the system tray, it won't start on bootup in Windows7, and turns off at various other times.

CF Mark

Administrator
Still seems odd having to rename the file to get it to install.
How do you keep it running? Though in the system tray, it won't start on bootup in Windows7, and turns off at various other times.
Yeah, the renaming problem isn't good. We'll look into that.

Try the latest version that ive just added to the first post.
No need to uninstall the old version first, just install the new one straight over the top.
If you still have problems with this new one, say so and we'll work through it to find the problems.

rschissler

Yeah, the renaming problem isn't good. We'll look into that.

Try the latest version that ive just added to the first post.
No need to uninstall the old version first, just install the new one straight over the top.
If you still have problems with this new one, say so and we'll work through it to find the problems.
I am talking about the latest version. The previous versions wouldn't keep running either.