Programmed text in cfa-631 module

saaiberke

I received a LCD screen from a friend which used it in an old Dell Music matic pc. When I start up the pc, before cc2 is loaded I always see "musicmatic box - mm" on the screen, it seems that this text has been programmed into the LCD module. Is there any way to remove this text?

Grtz,

Nic
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support2

Administrator
If you are running windows, you can use our 631_WinTest application to change the boot screen.

Download the application from here:

http://www.crystalfontz.com/product/631WinTest

Stop CC2 (you will need to free up the COM port) and then launch the the 631_WinTest.exe.

- WinTest should find the CFA631 in the drop down list. If not, you will need to select it.
- Enter the text you want to have displayed for Line 1 and Line 2 and send to the display.
- Adjust the contrast and backlight to your preferences *NOTE: CC2 will change these to the settings in that app
- After you have the display set up the way you want, click on the Packet Debugger button
- Select command 4 - Save current state as boot state from the drop down.
- Leave the data field blank
- Click on Send Data
- Close out of 631_WinTest
- Restart CC2, or reboot to verify.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

saaiberke

Sorry for the late reply. It worked :) I really like the LCD display and the software.

Thank you very much for the info.

Nic

AmigaDude

I have a very similar issue/question, except it's my own CFA631 being reborn in a WHS environment. I decided to change the Boot screen, so it would say something like "WHS System Starting...". This way, on a server with no keyboard/monitor, I could easily see if it was running yet. Anyway, I followed the instructions, and got it programmed via the Packet Debugger to read:

"* * WHS-xxxx-01 * *"
"*System Starting Up*"

Then I noticed a problem:
In my playing around with Wintest, I somehow got both LCD lines to read
"STOP "
"STOP "

After programming my new text, and rebooting the system it still comes up as:
"STOP x-01 * *"
"STOP rting Up*"

Even if I use the Packet Debugger to clear the screens, the STOP remains. Any ideas as to what I've mucked up?