Prog for 1*16 display?

PaNiC

I have found absolutely NO prog to use with a 1*16 display? how can this be so? I need the following: A linux prog which counts the uptime (could be fun with other things as well :) ) on a 1*16 display. Now i´m useless att programming so please don´t reply "why don´t you make one yourself?"

There must be such a prog!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

PaNiC

I have experimented with that and it went as follows:

On a 1*16 display using a 2 row program results in the first 8 characters of the display become the first row, the last 8 results in the second row..

I was planning on using lcdproc but it only has support for 4*20 displays (??) i don´t know really but that´s what i think. So the first row will be the first 4 characters and so on. 4 characters isn´t enough to display uptime. But if i use some 2 row prog it´s enough because i´ll put the word uptime on the first row and then the time on the second row. The "rows can scroll individually, at least on the one i tried it on. On my 2*16 display this didn´t work however. I set the number of rows in lcdcenter to 4 but it just continued normally. I hoped it would create 4 eight-letter groups..