problem with my 633

Tiger62651

Received my LCD screen today. I went to work and made my own RS-232 cable for it(I am an electronics technician that deals with RS-232 alot). Just other end I Soldered to the pins of the connector on the back of the circuit board(all done at my work with the nessesary ESD equipment). Now before I hooked up the RS-232 cable to my computer, I decided to power it on. I plugged in the power cable and something got very hot on the back so I quickly unplugged it. Some signs I noticed was the Backlight was dim and the LEDs on the keypad was dim. I didn't see any signs of something burt. Well I tried another one of my connectors and the LCD and keypad lit up bright. Well I thought all was well till I plugged in RS-232 cable onto my serial port on my computer. Loaded up the Crystal Fontz test software and it could not see the LCD. I moved to my other serial port and still did the same thing. I took a voltage measurement from that power connector the made the thing heat up and all the voltages were fine(wanted to make sure it wasn't my power supply). I think one of the IC chips over heated or something. Is there something I can do about this or another test to make sure its not something im doing wrong? Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
Hot = Bad

You will have to write support(at)crystalfontz(dot)com and see what can be arranged as far as a replacement.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad