Problem with CFAH1602B-TMC-JP and Wirz Backpack

Kosta

Hey,

I've been trying to wire up my CFAH1602B-TMC-JP Blue LCD. I bought the Wirz Backpack to convert it to serial. There has to be something I'm missing here. I got a hold of a serial cable with a 10-pin IDC header and followed the schematic here. When I hook it all up, nothing happens. I used a 68 ohm resistor as well. I seem to be having the same trouble as the person who posted that message above. I don't see anything.

I used a multimeter to test for continuity hoping that I could get the backlight to light up from the power source on the meter, just to see if anything had gotten fried. If I'm looking at the schematic right, I would use pins 1 & 2 on the IDC connection on the Wirz board to do this, right? It doesn't work. I get the backlight to light up with the multimeter only if I use pins 1 & 3, or 9 & 7. Am I reading the schematic wrong? Please help... I can't wait to get this thing going...

Thanks in advance,
- Kosta
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments