Outstanding Product! Example for wiring.

^Gecko^

Thank you very much Crystalfontz for being here!!! I had no idea how cool these things really were until i got mine in the mail today. I originally heard of using LCD's with linux by LCDproc, but at the moment I am using it with your software on my laptop running windows XP.

Instead of using power from my power supply's connectors, I used the +5 vdc and gnd from my usb port, as there are no power connectors inside my laptop. I am using 2 pairs from the cable. Orange is my +5 vdc from the usb port, Orange/white is USB GND, Green is Tx on the serial port, and Green/white is GND on the serial port. I combined the grounds at the solder point on the lcd circuit card, and am using the +5vdc for both backlight and the LCD.

20 feet works fine, I wonder how much further I could make it...

Torrance
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Youll be able to go much further than 20feet, but youll have to drop the baud rate is you start getting corruption.

^Gecko^

Thats one wild pc you've got there! I am not a crazy overclocker, only because I do not have the money to spend on such things as DIY cases, water/peltier cooling, cpu burnouts, etc.

I am more interested in using older seemingly obsolete computer as useful things, like servers or beowulf systems or SETI boxes or something. I used to have a 486-66 with 32MB ram and 4 gigs of hard drive that I used as my apache, sendmail, eggdrop, Iptables(router/firewall), and BIND 9 server

So far, I have been using my 20x4 CFA634YMCKS without problem on my laptop, a Sony Vaio PCG-NV190 running WindowsXP and your CrystalControl software. I plan on hooking it up to my linux server tomorrow(or today if you want since its 3am.) Thats an AMD-K62 350 running slackware 8.1. WHEN I get cable or dsl, I will immediatly put the server online so I can once again host my website.

Have you ever considered implementing a TCP/IP connection into your LCD's to connect them to a network to display information from a client on someones computer?

Torrance

CF Mark

Administrator
Thanks.

$$s were not a problem for me cos it didnt take many.
The waterblocks i made myself out of scrap copper, the radiator came from a junked car. The pump was only $30AU. Tubing was the only other thing i had to pay for.

The case i made myself from MDF wood which was left from building some speakers. Most expensive thing building the case was a few cas of spray paint.

As for TCP/IP, thats somthing that cant really be done in the current version of CC. Itll be easy to add to V2 though.