optrex DMF50081 need help!!

CHUPACABRA

I pulled this from a dead hospital bed and was wondering if anyony has som info on it.
Thanks for your help,Erek
OPTREX DMf50081 ZNB-FW-12
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CHUPACABRA

Ya I did all that I got some type of pin out on it :confused: , but I want to know what would it take to hook it up to a pc?I dont know to much about these lcds and there setups Im learning.
Thanks,Erek:D

Henri

If you found the pinout it might be a good idea to post it here. ;)
Being on a very slow GPRS connection at the moment I have no desire to go looking for info about the model number.

Looking at the pinout it's probably possible to say what kind lcd it is and what is needed to get it working.

Last edited:

CF Support

Administrator
Looking at the data sheet, the modules outlined have a T6963 controller, which is a graphic LCD controller with a CGROM on board.

It appears that the data sheet, which doesn't mention your specified part number, is for a 240x64 graphic module.

A quick google search for "T6963 Wiring Diagram" brings several, but the LCDProc guys have a diagram which can be found here:
http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/docs/current-user-html/x789.html

I would experiment a bit and find a way to test it.

CHUPACABRA

Thanks for you r info. I will try to hook it up and let you know how it came out .I know it works cause I pulled it from a hospital bed that broke down it,moniterd the bed's adj. and batt. life. I want to use it for my mp3 jukebox and movie server.
Do you know of a good program to use with this? Thanks for your help,EREK

Henri

I just clicked on the google link CF Tech gave above. In the beginning of the results there was a full datasheet for DMF50081:
http://home.nikocity.de/woe/lcd/dmf50081.pdf

That tells that your display is a normal 320x240 monochrome graphics lcd without controller. To get that working you need some controller and about -24v negative voltage circuit.

There are many options for controllers but if you want to make it work with PC using the software there already is your only option is pretty much a SED1330/SED1335/S1D13305 based controller.

There probably was some controller in the electronics of the equipment where you took the display from.

CF Support

Administrator
The wiring diagram shows VEE (which is usually the negative voltage output for the module) is on pin 8, so your negative voltage is on board, but it is definitely missing an LCD controller, so you'll want to go back and scavenge the controller from the electronics you got the display from.

Henri

With Crystalfontz modules and many other that should be correct but I don't think there's negative supply on board in this module.

Instead there are two negative voltage inputs. For VEE you need to supply a constant negative voltage and for VADJ an adjustable voltage for the contrast adjustment. There is an example power supply connection in section 4.2 of the datasheet.

I believe there's something missing from the datasheet in the section 2.2 DC characteristics table. There are just empty spots for the Supply Voltage (LCD Drive) Vcc-Vee minimum and maximum values. In the absolute maximum section it is saying that Vcc-Vee Max. is 35V.
My guess is that for the Vcc-Vee Min. 27V would be a good value. With Vcc of 5V that would mean that Vee should be -22V. I have used -24V with success.
As in the LCD Driving Voltage table typical Vcc-Vadj value shown is 23.3V a -22 to -24V VEE should give plenty of room for contrast adjustment.

You should find also the negative voltage supply somewhere from the electronics of the equipment where the lcd is from.

CHUPACABRA

So in other word this thing is junk with out a controler? But it looks like the controler is on the back of the lcd!?!:confused:
If some one could tel me how to post a pic on the forum I will to get a better understanding of it.
Thanks for u guys help,EREK