not really lcd more like led/fiber optic

rpster

hey

sorry if this isn't the right place but i can find anywhere else with people that have the know how to do something like this.
it dawned on me that all current lcd and crt monitor have to display three colors (RGB) really close together. so, i came up with a way that can display RGB as one point of light, using some 0.25mm fiber optics and leds. 3 led's (rgb) for each pixel will be located in a box. Fiber will then stem from each RGB to the board.(less confusing with the picture). only problem is, i don't know how to convert a vga signal into individial pixel signals to be sent to each led. anybody know a way i can do this or at least direct me to a message board thats more appropiate for that matter?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments

WillGonz

Not to trash your idea but do you plan to make this into a display? Let's say you are and it is going to display like a color LCD display. So a 640x480 screen is 307200 strands of fiber for one color. Then you have 3 colors each. That's now 921600 strands of fiber. You are looking at a lot of work. If you are going to do one like the 634 that's 3840 strands of fiber for one color and 11520 for RGB.

WillGonz

rpster

its only one strand of fiber for each pixel,not one fiber for each individual color. the light is converged inside the light box and sent through one fiber. ok, so maybe its gonna take a hell of alot of fiber for a 640x480 (about 29 miles worth), but hey, i gotta start somewhere. maybe ill start with a tv display (480x320). even if i just make a corner of a display, ill be happy. i just want to see if i can get this to work no matter how long it takes.