Newbie problems w/634

adamcook

Please excuse if this question has already been answered many times....it seems quite simple but I looked and could not find it.

I an running WinXP Pro and I just got my 634 LCD. I picked up a DB9 cable to connect to my com port and downloaded both the Wintest and Crystal Control software.

When I run Crystal Control I get the "Init of COM1 failed" error even though I am positive that is the COM port I'm connected to. However when I go to my Windows Device Manager there are no com ports listed besides my printer port. Do I need to install a seperate driver? I thought the driver was included with the software? I've tried resetting and reinstalling a few times. I'm sure its something simple and obvious that I'm missing...thanks.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

adamcook

Not surprisingly I solved my own problem soon after posting my initial question...

Turned out my com ports were disabled in my BIOS :mad:. I had never used them before so I guess those were the default settings...all is well now.