new version problem....

Americanfreak

Does anyone have a problem with the new beta version?
When I installed it and fired it up I get nothing on the screen. not even a boot screen appears. So I tried the last 99 version, which I still had installed and again no screens. I then tried ver 98 and it works. :confused: :confused:

I am runiing MBM 5.2.1.0.
I even uninstalled ver 100 and ver 99 then reinstalled 100 and nothing works?

What could I have done wrong?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Try removing the setting from the registry, then install V1.00pr2 (new BTW).

The settings are at:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CrystalControl
Remove the whole key.

CF Mark

Administrator
There are also a few more bugs ive just found in 1.00pr2.
Slow HD44780 (chews CPU time) and jerky scroll/bounce at the main ones.
Will have pr3 out shortly.

meeser

Lagging display in Windows ME? HELP!

Hi all,

I have a really annoying problem, I have a dual boot PC with both Windows ME and Windows 2k. Now my 20x4 HD44780 works great in Win 2k, smooth and fast scrolling. Though when I reboot and use the same program and display in Windows ME it laggs something chronic and the scrolling speed is reduced significantly :(

Both CC programs are the same version, I use exactly the same alternating screens. It looks like the display is 'lagging' or running really slow :confused: . Now it can't be my display (since I know it works in 2k fine) so what can I do in Win ME to make this prick of a thing work as good as 2k?..

Any help would be appreciated - oh yeah and I love CC it kicks ass!

Thanks,
Meeser

Draw6

Americanfreak said:
Does anyone have a problem with the new beta version?
When I installed it and fired it up I get nothing on the screen. not even a boot screen appears. So I tried the last 99 version, which I still had installed and again no screens.
Just happined to me today. All of a sudden like too - been using v1.03 for a week or so - then it just happened on reboot. init of com2 failed, module disabled. Change the baud rate in CC, and I get funny characters. Change it back to 9600 ... blank. Tried wintest with no problems.

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Re: Lagging display in Windows ME? HELP!

meeser said:
Hi all,
I have a really annoying problem, I have a dual boot PC with both Windows ME and Windows 2k. Now my 20x4 HD44780 works great in Win 2k, smooth and fast scrolling. Though when I reboot and use the same program and display in Windows ME it laggs something chronic and the scrolling speed is reduced significantly :(
Its a problem with getting good timing under Win8x/ME.
Ive looked into it before, never been able to fix it :(