New to LCD(HD44780)

alexander007

Hello...

Recently I buy a Hantronix (Powertip) 16x2 LCD with LED backlight-LCD-. I wanna use it to display info of my PC on it. I already see the guides here in the forums but I have some questions...Who is the better Serial Interface to use and the more cheapper? I see the Wirz sli, the Seetron BPK-000, the SerLCD -SerLCD info and one that Jameco sells named Trisys Serial LCD Interface Module Info Here.... what do you recommend me? With this serial interface I can use the normal programms like LCDCenter or something like that...

Thanks for your help.:)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
The most important thing for PC applications is to make sure your display (LCD module + serial adapter) works with the software you like.

alexander007

CF Tech said:
The most important thing for PC applications is to make sure your display (LCD module + serial adapter) works with the software you like.
Thats what I need to know. The LCD is a Hitachi compatible so threre's no problem...but in the serial adapter..what do you recomend me? Im really interested n the SercLCD because is cheaper...but waht do you think?

Thanks

CF Tech

Administrator
You will have to look at what hardware the software you are interested in supports. I have my doubts if very many software programs support the SerLCD, unless it emulates a known command set.

CF Tech

Administrator
It will not work with CrystalControl, which is the only program with which we have any relation.

You would have to research the capabilities of other programs to see of they are compatible.

alexander007

CF Tech said:
It will not work with CrystalControl, which is the only program with which we have any relation.

You would have to research the capabilities of other programs to see of they are compatible.
ok..but what I need to see if it is compatible or not?

CF Tech

Administrator
You would have to ask the software providers questions like: "Would your software work with Hantronix (Powertip) 16x2 LCD with LED backlight-LCD if it were connected to a SerLCD-SerLCD info?"