New Screen Requests Thread

jc634

Administrator
Over the past few months, I have been helping Crystalfontz organize the user submitted screens from the User Screens Discussion forum into a visual and easily navigable (I hope) User Screen Library forum. I have documented most of the screens from the Discussion forum to the Library forum. And hopefully, I have credited the correct user for the screen submission.

So…

1. If I have missed any screens you would like to have documented in the User Screens Discussion forum, please let me know here or PM me. Please note the following:

- I have not included MBM screens. It was a great program, however, it is no longer in development and newer MB’s are not supported. Use Speedfan or hmonitor. The original discussion and associated screens for MBM are located here. Also, I do not have hmonitor screens, since I do not have the registered version.

- I have not included email screens. I use Outlook, and CC2 and Outlook don’t like each other at this time. Once this issue has been resolved, I will add some.

- I have not included Game Stat Screens. Don’t use ‘em and I don’t know much about them. There are several screens included with the CC2 install.

2. If I have given credit to the wrong user, please PM me and I will correct. Also, if you find some other error, please let me know.

3. And next! Have a screen you have written? Upload it to the User Screens Discussion forum. You might just find it in later in the User Screen Library forum.

4. And finally! Have an idea for a screen and don’t know how to quite make it? This is the forum to ask for help.

Once the CC2 GUI is in place, this will still be the place to upload your favorite screens. Many times I have asked myself “Why didn’t I think of that?”
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
cmgp said:
Sure how bout a mediacenter display also and emule screen would be nice
Both these would require plug-ins. My programming days (Basic and Pascal) pretty much ended when Windows superceded DOS.:(

If someone can write appropriate plug-ins, I can format some nice screens...

Jim

CF Mark

Administrator
Ill add them to the list.
Im not making any more service plugins until the screen-editor is fully working.

cmgp

JC634 maybe I can send you some of my character screens and you can reproduce them for CC2 users you will need the character file editor from Jalcds to view them. Let me know If You're interested

jc634

Administrator
cmgp said:
JC634 maybe I can send you some of my character screens and you can reproduce them for CC2 users you will need the character file editor from Jalcds to view them. Let me know If You're interested
Send 'em my way. Won't happen if you don't.;)

Jim

jc634

Administrator
cmgp said:
That's great does this mean all of them will be gif files not actual characters?
It is easier for me to make gif's. They are also easier to incorporate into CC2 screens, IMO.

In CC2, the cchar.dll and showgif.dll use the same buffers to send info to the LCD, I believe. There is no advantage of 1 over the other in actual use.

Regardless, are you looking for cchar type graphics? It has been awhile since I played the cchar's, and I am not sure you can animate them as nicely as with the showgif routine.

Let me know. It will take awhile to do the conversions, since they are not really conversions, as much as using your stuff as a visual template and creating the gifs.

Jim

daks001

cmgp[/i] [B]That's great does this mean all of them will be gif files not actual characters? [/B] [i]Originally posted by jc634 said:
It is easier for me to make gif's. They are also easier to incorporate into CC2 screens, IMO.

In CC2, the cchar.dll and showgif.dll use the same buffers to send info to the LCD, I believe. There is no advantage of 1 over the other in actual use.

Regardless, are you looking for cchar type graphics? It has been awhile since I played the cchar's, and I am not sure you can animate them as nicely as with the showgif routine.

Jim
Cchar will only allow 8 "frames"/ characters in the animation. But you could do 2 different animations of 4 frames, or 4 animations of 2 frames on one screen. With showgif I have not made enough frames yet to bust it but you can only display 1 animation character without any custom characters on the screen at one time though... More complicated shapes that are animated I always use a gif editor.

To sum all that up.. cchar is good for many custom characters (8 per screen) or a couple of small one or two character animations per screen... but is a bit of a pain to write script for without the GUI.
Showgif allows a much easier way to make a 16x32 pixel, 2 colour gif display on the screen easily. But since it uses all 8 available custom characters at one time... you can only display the gif file and any other text you want, no other different gif files at the same time or you can't add any custom characters to the same screen as a gif...

So either way is possible but the more complicated shapes and animations are better done with Showgif.

daks001

jc634 said:
Thanks, daks.

That's a much better explanation than I could have come with!:)

Jim
You were probably concentrating on those animations to convert... I've looked at a couple so far. Good ideas in there....

cmgp... who made the original char files?

jc634

Administrator
I have everything converted except the globe. That one is quite tedious to do (19 screens)!:eek:

Give me another day or so. BB game tomorrow afternoon. I need to add the ones I done so far to a CC2 screen and make sure they look OK there, also.

As daks said, there are some nice animations there. I'll upload the finished product here first and then take some pixs, etc. and add 'em to the screen library.

Jim

cmgp

I made about half of those I still have some more. I use Jalcds in one of my screens mainly because of the animations. I also have the 3rd and 4th most downloaded config in Jalcds the first one with 29 screens and the second one with 15 screens. Yes I had a lot of spare time back then. Going back to the characters one question I have is this llet's say I have a screen like this:

Fan1 4263 RPM (f)
Fan2 3263 RPM (f)
Fan3 3263 RPM (f)
Fan4 4623 RPM (f)

Where (f) is my spinning fan character if we use a gif file instead of a character file will I be able to have 4 spinning fans? because I know using character files I can use all 4 fans on the screen becaule I'm using the same characters

jc634

Administrator
cmgp said:
I made about half of those I still have some more. I use Jalcds in one of my screens mainly because of the animations. I also have the 3rd and 4th most downloaded config in Jalcds the first one with 29 screens and the second one with 15 screens. Yes I had a lot of spare time back then. Going back to the characters one question I have is this llet's say I have a screen like this:

Fan1 4263 RPM (f)
Fan2 3263 RPM (f)
Fan3 3263 RPM (f)
Fan4 4623 RPM (f)

Where (f) is my spinning fan character if we use a gif file instead of a character file will I be able to have 4 spinning fans? because I know using character files I can use all 4 fans on the screen becaule I'm using the same characters
I did not do the fan conversion. I already have one here which I believe answers the above question?

Jim

jc634

Administrator
cmgp,

Attached is a zip file with all the jaLCD character files (except the fan) converted to gif's.

I have included a sample screen file for each gif. I pared down the size in each screen, so that the actual gif takes up the least amount of screen space.

I hope I got them correct. I think I got the globe a pixel line off somewhere, but I still think it looks OK.

Please let me know how they look to you. If good, I'll try to get them in the screen library sometime next week.

Jim

Attachments