Need some info on an lcd

edboy

I recently purchased a computer that has a CrystalFontz Model 796 Rev A lcd and 4 button keypad on the front panel of it.. The lcd plugs into com2 on the inside of the machine. I would like to write an app to use the lcd, however I can't seem to find any information on it. Is there any data out there for this board?

Thanks,
Ed
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

edboy

Linux for the os

Unfortunately the CrystalFontz software only operates under windows and I am working on a stricktly Linux based os. I have tried LCDProc for linux and a couple of others with no luck.

Thanks for the idea though,

Ed

CF Tech

Administrator
None of the software on the site is designed to talk to that display, sorry.

It is a custom project, you would have to talk to the manufacturer to get documentation on the LCD's command set.

worrix

I also am looking for a way to interface with this display. only under windows. and the manufactuer is being no help. you all made them come on some help please!

CF Tech

Administrator
Thank you for your interest in the 796.

Unfortunately with a custom project, we are not able to provide the documentation to third parties without our customer's request.