Need help with CFAH2002A-NGG-JP

Euticus

:confused:I am using the CFAH2002A-NGG-JP with the melabs LABXUSB dev. board. I know the hardware is OK, because I loaded a demo hex file and the display works. I am programming in c using the microchip mcc18 compiler and the lcd library. the target chip is an 18F4455 running at 20MHz. The library function doesn't work, so I wrote my own functions. The display seems to init correctly (it clears), but I cannot seem to write any characters to it. This ought to be the simplest part! Thisis driving me nuts! Do you have any example c code or an algorithm. The datasheet I have only shows the init flowchart. I must be missing something.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Euticus

Not sure. It is permanently set on the board. I know it is not a problem with contrast, because I have a hex file that will display a "Hello world" message correctly. i know my code inits because what was one row of completely black squares becomes two rows of light gray squares (I assume these are blanks, and the contrast is a little too hi-or would that be too low?)

CF Tech

Administrator