Need alittle assistance on a new purchase...

Tactics

Hey all. I been meaning to buy one of these killa LCD's for sometime now so now i'm ready. :)

2 questions:

First of all i'm sure if I should just buy the kit:

Beige PC Bracket Kit for 632LG:
DBK632LG Contains:
* Beige PC Bracket for 632LG
(DBB632LG)
* RS-232 DB9F to DB9M, 36" ribbon cable with PC expansion slot bracket
(WR232Y09)
* Serial Cable, DB9F/DB9F, 13"
(WR232Y10)
* PC to LED backlight Cable
(WR232Y02)

Will this LCD fit into that bracket? I assume so but wanted to check.

Parallel Character LCD 16x2
(CFAH1602B-TMC-JP)
* White Edge LED Backlight
* STN Negative, Blue

Second question is do I need all this to install it? There's 3 cables. I figured I only need one. I could be wrong.

* RS-232 DB9F to DB9M, 36" ribbon cable with PC expansion slot bracket
(WR232Y09)
* Serial Cable, DB9F/DB9F, 13"
(WR232Y10)
* PC to LED backlight Cable
(WR232Y02)

thx for the replies.

:D
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
The CFAH* series LCDs do not fit into the PDBK* / DBK* / DBB* brackets. The brackets are made for the serial LCDs, which are quite a bit larger.

We do not recommend the CFAH* series LCDs for end-user connection in PCs. Please see the disclaimer here.

We do not offer end-user tech support on the CFAH* series LCDs in PC applications. We will not accept returns on CFAH* LCDs damaged in an attempt to connect them to a PC.

Please consider one of our PDBK* series serial LCD drive bay kits--they are very easy to connect.

Tactics

ahh ok thx. I just liked the blue display. So theres no color LCD's for PC users in what I'm looking for? I'll look into what you said.

**I also menat to say in my first post "I'm not sure if I should just buy the kit" you probably figured it out. :)

Tactics

Well I looked at the PDBK and there too big. I want one to fill my 5 1/4 bay. I have one empty.

The CFAH1602B-TMC-JP measures 16x2 and looks the same size at the serials that say 16x2 on the site. What am I missing here?

So this wouldn't work on my PC:
Pkg: SKD162632SGLG + Beige PC Bracket Kit.

It looks like a perfect fit for my empty 5 1/4 bay.

I only question it because you sell the total kit like the one above w/o a LCD so to me it looks like you can buy a seperate one of your choice as long as it measures 16x2

Straighten me out here. :)

CF Tech

Administrator
There are the PDBK634* series kits that have a 20x4 display in a bracket that takes 2 "CDROM size bays".

Here is a link to the possible "2 bay" options.

We also have the PDBK632* series that use a 16x2 display in a bracket that takes 1 "CDROM size bays".

Here is a link to the possible "1 bay" options.

Tactics

ok let me try again man. So far we know I don't want the PDBK taking up 2 bays. Yes the PDBK you mentioned was the same thing I mentioned in my last thread. (Pkg: SKD162632SGLG) We're are good there.

Question and the last.

What about this kit DBK632LG, it's the same exact thing except without the LCD. To me that means I can choose my own LCD from what you sell at this site. Right? Wrong? Will the

Parallel Character LCD 16x2 (CFAH1602B-TMC-JP) * White Edge LED Backlight * STN Negative, Blue
http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/1602b-color/index.html#CFAH1602BTMCJP

work with this bracket/kit with no LCD included, it's 16x2 just like the specs on the normal LCD's that come with the WHOLE kit. PDBK 632

thx

Last edited:

Tactics

thx for replies. Ok it looks like i'll get the PDBK632LG. Do you sell a color LCD that will work with this kit by the way?

Let me ask you something else why do you sell all those 16x2 color LCD's What are they for?

I mean you sell kit's w/o LCD's so I'm sure a lot of people who come and get confused like I did thinking you can get a kit and put your own LCD in there. thx