My latest set-up

jc634

Administrator
Well,

I dumped my old cases (computer and LCD) as shown in this thread https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3908 and replaced it with a single case. Holds all my LCDs (except the 632), 2 CD-ROM drives, 3 HDs, and the rarely used floppy drive.

Now everything is right up front, the case is almost silent, thanks to a SCAB and very quiet fans. No more hiding my 631 and very noisy ex-computer case under my desk.

Jim
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments

jc634

Administrator
Not really. The bottom 3 bays have a 120mm fan behind them and my 3 HD's. 2 in RAID 0 (150 gigs) and a 120 gig back-up drive.

I have temp sensors on the 2 RAID drives, and they never go above 30°C. And the fan rarely goes over 70%. The SCAB uses all 5 of my sensors to set fan speed.

I really wanted to mount my 632 in the case, also. But I just couldn't give up one of CD-ROMs to do so. In the end, I decided that it looked pretty good in the picture frame I have it in now. Another Paint Shop Pro masterpiece!

My, oh my. 11 bays and I still need more!;)

Jim

BTW, I never thought I would like yellow text on black for the 632, but it is quite pleasing to look at. I was simply quite prejudiced against that color combination from the good ole days of green and amber displays. Does anybody else remember those nasty things?:D

Last edited:

jc634

Administrator
daks001 said:
Almost have the bottom cover done. 15 Drives in this puppy now and lots of room to go! :D

Looking good! Seems like a lot of progress has been made from your posts over at the [H]ard.

You really should dump some of those HDs and fill those bays with CF displays, tho.;)

Jim

daks001

jc634 said:
Looking good! Seems like a lot of progress has been made from your posts over at the [H]ard.

You really should dump some of those HDs and fill those bays with CF displays, tho.;)

Jim
Some more aound the bottom would look good. The bottom panels will be like the sidepanel on that side. Automotive window tint on lexan. Have to get a black bezel for the 635. My marker "paint" job does not look bad in person but it really shows up in pictures. I'm thinking about changing the case colour again. The chameleon pain is nice, I like the blue but the purple does not really thrill me. The area to the left of the HD bays is also large enough to stack up the displays. Hmmmm. might make a really neat HD activity display if I did that.

jc634

Administrator
knowley said:
Bloody hell how many LCDs :confused:

I finally retired my floppy, and got a bracket for the 632 and all silver overlays. I need to get a new pix up, just need to get my oldest daughters digital camera to upload a new pix.

Jim

jc634

Administrator
OK, I dumped my floppy, moved the 632 to the case, and now with all silver overlays.

Next, I will have to get silver DVD drives...

Attachments

jc634

Administrator
knowley said:
Just get an external DVDRW and ditch the drives, more space for an lcd. :p
Nah, that's why I got this case. Everything in 1 case.:cool:

And I have 1 of all the consumer LCD's now. Don't need or want any more!:p

While coming up with new screens, I ususally put it on each LCD. Lots of repetition, repetition, repetition. Uh... Stop that!

I've started branching them off a little now. The 635 has only system and SCAB screens. The 634 mostly has weather, winamp and HD screens.

Got to do something the 2 x 16/20 screens, tho. Just haven't figured how I want to do to 'em.

Jim