My car LCD Diplay help identify please

talonawd

Im having problems with my cluster fading and having a lot of dead spots. Maybe someone can identify what is going wrong and what i can buy to fix it.

Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Heffo

For anyone to really get an idea as to what may be wrong, you may want to post a photo of the cluster assembled and operating so we can see what the problem is.

But if the cluster is old, and if the intensity of the backlight is the problem (spots not being lit, others being too dull) then I am thinking the LEDs on the board have reached their lifetime limit and have faded or failed meaning you would need to replace the LEDs.

Heffo

Maybe one of the CFontz guys could give you a better idea of what the cause of that type of display problem is, but it's definately not the LEDs.

I am thinking it may be worth a trip to the auto wrecking yard and get hold of another cluster and use that. Those kind of displays are custom made for the car manufacturer, and you won't be able to source parts from another supplier.

If you went to your car manufacturer for a new replacement expect to be slugged big-time. My day-job is working for a company that manufacturers automatic transmissions for passenger cars, we sell the car company an auto for about $1600-$1800, if you went to the car company to buy a new transmission, unfitted, they charge over $5000. Not a bad mark-up.