Mounting a CFAX12864CP1-NGH LCD

duffman

Is there a recomended way in which to mount a CFAX12864CP1-NGH LCD on a plastic enclosure that will be reliable?

Can adhesives be used to secure the lcd within a recess on the face of the enclosure?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
Typically you would have a recess in the front case that would "trap" the LCD, kind of like the way the glass is trapped in a picture frame. A good pressure sensitive adhesive might work (and would be great for sealing), but I think something mechanical would be best for longevity. Say if it was a handheld instrument, and someone laid something heavy on the LCD, you would not want the adhesive to let go after a week. You might be able to arrange some kind of a spacer to the circuit board below or the back of the case. Or a "back side" bezel that would support around the back of the LCD.

duffman

Are there any guidelines as to where a mounting assembly can make contact with the LCD? Could the entire rear of the LCD be in contact with the mount?

What if you went the other way and had a small recess in the front of the enclosure, and then use a decal sticker over the front of the enclosure that has a clear window for the LCD - would this work? Would a decal interfere with the touch sensor membrane?

CF Tech

Administrator
I did exactly that on another very similar screen and it worked well, but it did not have a touch screen.

I think you would have to experiment to see if the touchscreen is affected by your mounting idea.

duffman

Has anyone else had a go at this problem? This problem must have been addressed numerous times by now?!?

CF Tech, would Crystalfontz be able to look into this problem and document a solution since mounting information is normally a topic extensively covered in a products datasheet. For thu display to function correctly it must be mounted correctly, so it would be in CFs best interest to make sure their customers get this right.

I think the solution should be appropriate for implementation of production quantities, meaning that it would be quick an d simple to do a number of times.

Thanks.