Media center and CrystalControl

Ogt1992

I have a 634 usb installed on a windows xp media center computer with mcedisplay software installed. Mcedisplay works fine, but when I close media center, the lcd goes dark and when i launch crystal control, it gives me an "Init of Com4 failed". Is there a way that I could have crystal control control the lcd when media center is not running and have mcedisplay control the unit when while running media center?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

reider

Ogt1992 said:
I have a 634 usb installed on a windows xp media center computer with mcedisplay software installed. Mcedisplay works fine, but when I close media center, the lcd goes dark and when i launch crystal control, it gives me an "Init of Com4 failed". Is there a way that I could have crystal control control the lcd when media center is not running and have mcedisplay control the unit when while running media center?
I have a similar problem using a weather program with my 631 model. What I do is change CC temporarily to com 2 to which it protests as it only works on com 3. Still, I ok it then run the weather program on com 3, exiting when I finish. The 631 goes dark, I open CC and change it back to com 3. It then lights up and works perfectly, hope this helps with your problem too.

Steve