Loading *.csc files

jonas.follesoe

Hi!

I'm thinking about buying the 3.5" LCD display for my Shuttle computer HTPC project.

I've downloaded the CrystalControl software and it looks quite sweet (though, I wish I could build plugins in a .NET language). I know 2.0 will be way better than current version.

Anyhow, what I want to do is load *.csc files dynamically to the software. Is there a way to do that? I'm thinking about making some menu items in myHTPC which points to an executable, like CrystalControl.exe -load myscreen.csc. Is that possible? That way I could alter screens using my remote control.

I'm also wondering how "hard" it is to build a new module, for instance a RSS plugin. Do i need to download a separate driver, or can i use the installed Windows Service to communicate with the LCD panel?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Anyhow, what I want to do is load *.csc files dynamically to the software. Is there a way to do that? I'm thinking about making some menu items in myHTPC which points to an executable, like CrystalControl.exe -load myscreen.csc. Is that possible? That way i could alter screens using my remote control.
Nice idea.
If you had asked 6 months ago, I could have added this feature to CC1. But all development is going into CC2 now.

I'm also wondering how "hard" it is to build a new module, for instance a RSS plugin. Do i need to download a separate driver, or can i use the installed Windows Service to communicate with the LCD panel?
What do you mean by "module"?

Are you talking about CC1 or CC2 here?