Lgoical expressions to define display output

prussnet

Hi,

I have a suggestion... Allow basic logical expressions to be used to create display data on the fly.

For example. I have a water cooling system which has an electronic water flow sensor installed which is connected to a fan header on my motherboard. the sensor outputs an average tach pulse equal to about 3500 rpm or so...

The sensor doesn't read the actual sensor RPMs. The output is nonetheless useful as it indicates that the pumps are functioning and water is flowing. Should the pumps cut out, or the activation circuit fail, and water flow stops, the sensor would read zero, and MBM5 would then shut the system down.

If a logical expression such as

IF 'Fan Speed - Water Pump' > 3500
OUTPUT "NORMAL"
ELSE
IF 'Fan Speed - Water Pump' < 3500 AND > 1500
OUTPUT "DEGRADED"
ELSE
IF 'Fan Speed - Water Pump' < 1500 AND > 0
OUTPUT "DANGER!"

In the above example, which I formatted for ease of reading, but could easily be applied to a single line, "Fan Speed - Water Pump" is the name of the MBM5 Fan Speed in CC, the "NORMAL", "DEGRADED" and "DANGER!" are what the user wants displayed. Otherwise this is VERY basic (and BASIC like) logical programming code, so I am sure anyone could quickly utilize and apply it. Of course, implementing a handler is clearly a little more work, but I think it could be well worth the effort.

Thanks,

Eric PRuss
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
That would be a good way to do things, but i dont think its going to happen soon :(

Maybe when CrystalControl V2 is going, DLL plugins could be made to do that.

prussnet

plugin sounds like a good solution

Hi "Admin,"

Yeah, I understand... I wasn't expecting miracles or anything, but thought it would be a good idea worth suggesting.

In the meantime, what I have works well enough functionally.

Thanks

robo85045

i "may" be able to do it, i'll E-mail it to you if i'm secsesfull

Edit:
i cant send you e-mail, i allready have a test program done that should prove i can talk to it, send me your E-mail at robo85045@cox.net
and i'll keep working on it

Last edited: