LCDriver and CC

Joaquin

In light of some of the new features that are in the latest version in CC, I decided to use some third-party add-ons to enhance my LCD usage. One the add-ons was the Winamp plug-in from LCDriver available here (http://lcdriver.pointofnoreturn.org/v1files.html).

I chose this one over the standard text options offered in CC in favor of the equalizer display of LCDriver. I chose the option to disable CC when winamp is running so the LCDriver plug-in can kick on. All goes according to plan when Winamp is fired up. CC shuts-down and the equalizer comes up and does its job. I have set the plug in to display the Stereo Equalizer with an equalizer display for the right and left channel and the bottom two lines of my display are used for displaying winamp track information (time and title). The very bottom line of my 634 USB is scrolling the Artist and Track title of the song playing. Now here is the rub...when I shut down Winamp, CC comes back up as planned and is displaying the CC screens but the bottom line of the 634 is still scrolling. On all my CC screens, I have no lines that scroll and for all intents and purposes the scrolling should shut-off when Winamp is shut down.

The scrolling continues indefinitely and is only stopped after I completely close out of CC and reboot the 634 by unplugging and plugging back in.

Any suggestions?

J
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Joaquin

BTW

MWP...I am interested in playing with Markus Zehnder's Winamp LCD Plug-in folly but i fear the plug-in may be a little smarter than I am without weeks of experimentation. Would be willing to throw me a copy of plug-in's .ini file for your 634 display? :)

CF Mark

Administrator
Sure, i dont know if itll be much use though.
I ever run it using a full 20x4 spectrum display.
I tried to get get track name, etc going but couldnt be bothered trying for hours to do it.

Attachments

Joaquin

I started playing Zhender's folly and I am pretty impressed...Its been kinda fun so far. I have an issue that popped up with CC. I have CC setup to disable itself upon initializing of Winamp and everything goes as planned. When I shut down Winamp however, I get a an error stating something to the effect of "COM3 unable to reinitialize...Will disable until.." It seems as if CC is not able to grab COM3 and start showing CC Screens again. It will begin to show CC screens after I either shutdown and restart CC or use the "Test Settings" options in the module configuration. Is it something I am doing wrong?

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
No, nothing your doing wrong.

Seems some slack programmers are not closing ports properly when winamp closes.
Ill see if i can come up with a way to fix it.

fAt_sUnNy

Hey guys,

I wanted to do what J did with the WinAmp plugina nd having CC turn off and on automaticlaly and all that but i dont know where to start. Id love to see that equalizer on my LCD but i dont know how to get it to work so cna anyone take some time and explain it to me step by step? I cam here to this forum cos i knew somebody would help me out. I got AIM and my sn is Ayaz86 if anyone wants to do it over AIM. PLEASE guys i wanna set this up itll look so cool so please help me out. Thanks.