LCD Software that runs as an NT Service!

xtvrzero

I finally found a solution for running LCD software as an NT service. Tested only on XP Pro SP2.

Need:

- MBM to run as a service

- LCD Smartie 5.2

If your doing MBM stats, you need to run MBM as a service, edit the reg and bat file from the MBM5Service.zip file to suit your needs. Test MBM to make sure it's working as a service.

Setup LCD Smartie as needed, once you have it running, use the same files in MBM5Service.zip and edit them to create another service name. In the reg file, under parameters...enter -hide between the quotes, otherwise when the service starts it will stop immediately and give an error.

I only use MBM stats and the E-mail pluggin, so I have no idea if any of the other plugins in LCD smartie work when loaded as a service.

Update:

I've encountered some issues.....reboot hangs sometimes, smartie doesn't blank the LCD when the service is stopped (not a graceful close), have to use a Shutdown script which stops the Smartie Service.

I wish CC2 would hurry up and get here.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited: