LCD fluid fades kinda slow on my CFAH2004

Lieven

Hey i just soldered my CFAH display , and it seems to work just fine. I used this scheme, but instead of a 10k potmeter i used a 2,5k one, and I added a 5,6k resistor between the pot and pin3.

Now the display looks fine, but I feel like the LC fluid fades kinda slow (fast scrolling text becomes less readable). I don't know if this is always the case, or if my improvised soldering scheme is wrong, and the resistor I added should have gone somewhere else.

can someone help me out?? thx!!

crystalfontz rules, and crystalcontrol too!

lieven
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
You may be up against the response time of the LCD.

Can you use the potentiometer to adjust the display all the way from "too light" to "too dark"? Adjusting a little towards the "dark side" can sometimes help response time.

Lieven

I made a mistake by connecting the extra resistor to pin 3, it should have gone between the pot and the 5v supply... I can now adjust the contrast all the way from dark to light.

I still think that the fluid response is kind of slow though..
I've seen a yellow/green on black lcd, which responded way faster than mine... do you know what the response time is for a CFAH white on blue negative edge BL LCD??

thx in advance,
lieven

Last edited: