LCD 634 USB Driver?

X-2

I install cystalcontrol v1.01, then I plug in USB 634 LCD and it detected a new hardware installation screen and ask for driver. autodetect the driver unsucessfull, choose manual is unable to locate the driver... could someone point me to the right direction of the driver?

I'm using Win XP.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

csuter

The automatic searching method of XP will not find your driver unless you "tell" it where to look!

If you haven't tried to specify a location, then that is your problem.

I believe the driver defaulkts put the drivers in \program files\ crystalfontz usb drivers ... or something very similar to that.

When the hardware wizard comes up, pick the first option, and on the next page specify the location to search in! You can browse to the program files folder on your machoine and you should find a crystalfontz folder there to use.

You will probably have to do this twice ... once for the INF file and then again point the wizard to the same folder for the SYS file.

Let me know if this answers your question.

X-2

I did install the software, but there is no driver.... I even try to locate driver in crystalfont dir but no luck... mind to send me the driver file?

csuter

Well ... the url's they gave in your answer certainly have the drivers in them. They are exactly what I used so they should work for you too! (cf-usb-1.00.2101)

If you are downloading the usb driver, extracting it. pointing to the C:\Program Files\Crystalfontz USB drivers folder ... and it STILL is reporting no drivers ... I am baffled.

My 634 works great using the drivers supplied in this file!

X-2

oops, my bad... I got the driver now... now come to config module...

I've chose Crystalfonz 634 > Module name: Crystalfontz 634 > Interface type: USB???? (COM1-COM9) > Interface Speed: ???? LCD Columns:????? > LCD ROWS: ??????

csuter

You are almost home ...

The display should now light up ... although nothing is on the screen.

My 634 config already had defaults for row and columns ... I think it is 4 rows by 20 columns.

Design a simple screen with line 1 as HELLO ... no tag needed. You want to get this displaying before you worry about specifics.

Port to use. This depends upon your computer ... try COM3. You'll know that the COM port is right when you get stuff written to your screen. You might have to try COM2 or COM4.

baud rate ... it is either 9600 or 19200. You'll know you have the right baud rate when you see the simple screen you defined on the display. Until the baud rate is write there will be lots of garbage on the screen ...

This should do it ...

X-2

well, I test all the com and I get COM5... then I click on test module button... it give me all the weird look character and it scrolling for a few then it stop... and I did design a simple screen like u give..... but it doesn't display on the LCD.... wat did i do wrong?

csuter

If you are getting garbage on the screen ... this is good! Now play with your baud rate until you see your screen.

You are almost there!

CF Support

Administrator
Push both of the DIP switches into the ON position on the back, that'll set the baud rate at 19.2kbps... just use that. :)