Just got the LCD.. Few questions..

nichols

Ok.. I'm new to this.. Is there a help file or something avail of all the 'tags' or is it all just contained in those drop downs? I was asking because if I had a list or something I could print, I could easly see what I had avail to put into the LCD and do it by just typing the tag..

2nd.. this isnt a big deal,but since it is a beta version of Crystal Control i'm using.. I'm displaying the free space on my d drive, which is NTFS under 2k, its displaying the space as 61,166,504.. 2k sees it under the My COmputer as 62,634,500 58.3Gb..

3rd.. Is this display supposed to be going dim, then bright, then dim, then bright?

Thanks for the time..
wonderful product..
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Ok.. I'm new to this.. Is there a help file or something avail of all the 'tags' or is it all just contained in those drop downs? I was asking because if I had a list or something I could print, I could easly see what I had avail to put into the LCD and do it by just typing the tag.
No.
First it would be a VERY big list (>5 pages).
Second the tags that are avaliable change on each PC.

2nd.. this isnt a big deal,but since it is a beta version of Crystal Control i'm using.. I'm displaying the free space on my d drive, which is NTFS under 2k, its displaying the space as 61,166,504.. 2k sees it under the My COmputer as 62,634,500 58.3Gb.
What tag are you using to get that info?

3rd.. Is this display supposed to be going dim, then bright, then dim, then bright?
Nope.
If you mean the backlight brightness, and it only changes slightly, then its happening because the 5V supply in your PC if fluctuating.
Not much can be done to fix it other than buying a new power supply (this might still not fix it).

nichols

~DRVFDK~ is the tag i'm using for the drive information..

This is a brand new supply.. think like a cap or something in there would help?

CF Mark

Administrator
Ok, try using the logical drive free space tag which will be under the "Performance Info" list if your running WinXP.

A new PSU wont matter.
Its all about the quality and size of the PSU.
You could try using a largish cap to remove the flicker.

nichols

Ok.. this is a duh on my part, but I thought I would add my thought on this.. I made a bunch of changes to the program (screens).. and I didnt exit the program,I had another program restart the machine and when I came back up, all my modifications to the screens and new ones where gone.. I'm going to re add them and see if they stay this time..

thanks
nichols

CF Support

Administrator
If you ordered a USB display, the flicker caused by your power supply can be negated by buying a self-powered USB hub and plugging the display into that. It's not a guarantee, but it should do the trick.

CF Mark

Administrator
nichols said:
Ok.. this is a duh on my part, but I thought I would add my thought on this.. I made a bunch of changes to the program (screens).. and I didnt exit the program,I had another program restart the machine and when I came back up, all my modifications to the screens and new ones where gone.. I'm going to re add them and see if they stay this time..

thanks
nichols
Thats quite strange.
CC detects windows logoff/restart/shutdown, and when this occours it saves settings.
The software your using must restart windows in a strange way.

If you change settings in CC then use that software to shutdown/restart the PC, make sure you close and then rerun CC to make sure settings are saved.