jdg_rss <- rdf/rss/xml/html screen scraper

Ferrari355

hmmm I did that.. I don't see it anyplace in the program.

Also making a RSS weather info what program do I paste the stuff in notepad?

it wont save as .2004 files.

jdgordon

u need something like this in the screen file
[from01]
from="cc2_rss.ini"
sec="feed-01"
opt01="url=http://www.wunderground.com/auto/rss_full/global/stations/94868.xml"
opt02="interval=45"
opt03="item00_id=@02"
opt04="item00_textstart=Temperature"
opt05="item00_start= / "
opt06="item00_end=?"
opt07="item01_id=@03"
opt08="item01_start=Conditions: "
opt09="item01_end= | "

have u got "hide known file extensinos" on? maybe thats y it wont save as a 2004 file...
________
JUSTIN BIEBER FAN

Last edited:

Ferrari355

yeah it was turned on... I'm going to try again.

still not saving right...

I'm doing it like this..

In notepad

Greenwich.2004

but it always saves the .txt at the end...

reider

Ferrari355 said:
yeah it was turned on... I'm going to try again.

still not saving right...

I'm doing it like this..

In notepad

Greenwich.2004

but it always saves the .txt at the end...
Take a copy of a 2004 screen, place it temporarily on the desktop, rename it. Edit, select all, paste the details in, save-ya got it! Adjust the address to suit, as per Daks instructions and then resave. Add to CC2, restart and Mandy`s yer Uncle Fanny! Next time you have the experience to do this again, we all cheat like this. CC thinks this is difficult, heh heh! Like taking candy from a baby, Doh!

Steve

Ferrari355

yeah I found out I had to move the file someplace else in order to change the file.. So I got it working, just that the text is really messy right now.

Check the other thread.

jc634

Administrator
Ok, next minor problem.

I am trying to display the Heat Index.

The rss feed reads:

|<dt style="display: inline; font-weight: bold;">Heat Index:</dt><dd id="heatindex" style="display: inline;">62& #176;F</dd>

My code is as follows:

opt20="item05_section=dd"
opt21="item05_end=&"

All I want is the 62, and no matter how much of the junk text I try to put in the "end" statement, I get

62& #176;F diplayed on the LCD.

I could set the text length to 2, except here in Iowa the Heat Index could get over 100°F.

Any more ideas?

Jim

ps: rss.ini file is up to feed-28 currently. Debugging creates a few feeds! Might this have anything with the problem?

pss: I put the space between the & and the #, because this message displays °F if I don't!

Last edited:

jdgordon

hey,
unfortunatly you cant do what you want to YET... unless you use start and end.
unfortunatly my trial version of vs2003 is expired so untill i get a proper copy (which could be a wile) or CC admin makes it possible to compile in vc6, i wont be able to update the plugin :(
________
Best replays starcraft 2

Last edited:

jc634

Administrator
Hey, no problem.

Just trying to make new screens to satisfy Ferrari355's request, which I am beginning to like better than my original weather screen.

It would be nice if CC2 could interpret the & #176; directly to a °.

That would solve the problem, also!

For the moment, I will just upload this screen w/o the Heat Index, and see if Ferrari355 likes it.

Thanks for the info!

Jim

jc634

Administrator
jdgordon said:
hey,
unfortunatly you cant do what you want to YET... unless you use start and end.
unfortunatly my trial version of vs2003 is expired so untill i get a proper copy (which could be a wile) or CC admin makes it possible to compile in vc6, i wont be able to update the plugin :(
Just a thought. If I put in °F, instead of the & #176;, would that work? I am at work now, will try later...

Jim

jdgordon

good news...

a few minor adjustments to the code and that url will work fine...

changes..
- now named jdg_rss (all my plugins will get renamed to that so they can be added into the installer (if cc admin wants to) and ppl will know its not an official plugin
- itemXX_end works with itemXX_section now (so u can get the heat value index now using dd as the section and & #176; as end)
- new variable in the ini file...
itemXX_maxLength which sets the maximum number of chars to copy to the lcd or that item... ignoring it or giving it the value 0 will set no limit (i did this to remove the $chars= from _end which i couldnt get to work properly)

give me 15min or so to write up a readme and ill upload the new version to the first post in this thread

edit: oops forgot to mention that the changes havnt actually been tested coz im lazy :D but they should work fine... lemme know if they dont.
also as usual... post any feature requests... (and troublesome feeds )
________
ANAL CHINESE

Last edited:

jc634

Administrator
jdgordon said:
- itemXX_end works with itemXX_section now (so u can get the heat value index now using dd as the section and & #176; as end)

Great! I will check it out when I get home tonight.

Jim

jc634

Administrator
Bummer, the new rss reader kills CC2.:(

I removed the old .dll, .ini, .log files and screens. I edited my screen files to use the new jdg_rss.dll file name and added them back to CC2.

The service died. Restart the computer and the service would not start.

I then removed the new files/screens like above and all starts.

I copied back the .dll file and added my rss_weather screen. All runs fine. I added my rss_curr_weather screen and the CC2 service dies.

Attached are the screen files, .ini files, and .log files after each screen add per above.

Let me know if you need more info to debug. Obviously, let me know if I need to edit my screen file.

Jim

Attachments