jdg date & time formatting plugin stopped working as of latest release

meklubba

Hi,

I am using the plugin jdg_time.dll to format date and time in a personal way (yyyy-mm-dd hh:nn:ss). The plugin does not work after the upgrade to CC2 version 20060216. I noticed that there is a plugin called cc2_jdg_time.dll, but it does not work either. I only get the famous [E01]. :)

Anyone had the same problem? Anyone know how to solve it, perhaps the original plugin author?

Thankfull for any suggestions,
Daniel

EDIT: Using Process Explorer from Sysinternals I saw that the jdg_time.dll is not loaded by cc2_service.exe, only the cc2_jdg_time.dll is.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
"cc2_jdg_time.dll" is the same file as "jdg_time.dll", its just been renamed so itll load with the newer version of the cc2 service.

The problem you are having is caused by the plugin looking for "cc2_time.ini" instead of "jdg_time.ini".

So if you load a screen that uses the plugin, youll need to go into the CC2 directory and rename "jdg_time.ini" to "cc2_time.ini".

Restart CC2 and it should then work.

meklubba

Ok, here is the deal. :)

cc2_jdg_time.dll looks for the ini file cc2_time.ini.
For consistency reasons I renamed both the cc2_jdg_time.ini to cc2_time.ini and cc2_jdg_time.dll to cc2_time.dll. After changing in the screen file to use the right ini file it did the trick.
However, the cc2_jdg_time.dll shipped with this release of CC2 is one of the previous jdg_time.dll with the month value bug in it, see https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3554.

So in order to get it all to work, here is what you need to do.
1. Go to the thread mentioned above and download the latest jdg_time.dll.
2. Rename it from jdg_time.dll to cc2_jdg_time.dll, in order to get it loaded by cc2_service.exe.
3. Put it in the CrystalControl2 directory, replacing the existing one.
4. In your screen files refer to jdg_time.ini, since the jdg_time.dll still looks for it, use from="jdg_time.ini".

(After installing version 20060216 there was a jdg_time.dll as well in the CrystalControl2 directory, but since I didn't know what version it was I deleted it.)

When this is done and up and running you should have 3 files:
cc2_jdg_time.dll
jdg_time.ini
jdg_time.log

Perhaps someone is able to rebuild the jdg_time.dll and rename it to cc2_time.dll and let it look for the cc2_time.ini file and use the cc2_time.log log file in order to avoid confusion. :)

Thanks,
Daniel

CF Mark

Administrator
However, the cc2_jdg_time.dll shipped with this release of CC2 is one of the previous jdg_time.dll with the month value bug in it, see https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3554.
I didnt notice that, nice find.

Perhaps someone is able to rebuild the jdg_time.dll and rename it to cc2_time.dll and let it look for the cc2_time.ini file and use the cc2_time.log log file in order to avoid confusion. :)
No one can fix this except jdgordon who doesnt seem to frequent these forums too much anymore.

Im considering building the ability to format time & date into my "cc2_timedate" plugin.

meklubba

I didnt notice that, nice find.
No problemo. :)

No one can fix this except jdgordon who doesnt seem to frequent these forums too much anymore.

Im considering building the ability to format time & date into my "cc2_timedate" plugin.
I realised that too.
It would be nice to get that functionality. The fewer plugins the better (at least with similar functionality :) ).

CF Mark

Administrator
I have added support for customizable date/time information to the official cc2_timedate plugin.

It uses a different format, so screens distributed with CC2 that use the JD plugin have been updated to use cc2_timedate.

The plugin and updated screens will be in the next release.

meklubba

Great! :D

It is not that much of a problem to alter the formatting, the screen files must be updated to use the timedate-plugin anyway.

Many thanks!

/Daniel

CF Mark

Administrator
Itll use this format (strftime):

Code:
%a
Abbreviated weekday name

%A
Full weekday name

%b
Abbreviated month name

%B
Full month name

%c
Date and time representation appropriate for locale

%d
Day of month as decimal number (01 – 31)

%H
Hour in 24-hour format (00 – 23)

%I
Hour in 12-hour format (01 – 12)

%j
Day of year as decimal number (001 – 366)

%m
Month as decimal number (01 – 12)

%M
Minute as decimal number (00 – 59)

%p
Current locale's A.M./P.M. indicator for 12-hour clock

%S
Second as decimal number (00 – 59)

%U
Week of year as decimal number, with Sunday as first day of week (00 – 53)

%w
Weekday as decimal number (0 – 6; Sunday is 0)

%W
Week of year as decimal number, with Monday as first day of week (00 – 53)

%x
Date representation for current locale

%X
Time representation for current locale

%y
Year without century, as decimal number (00 – 99)

%Y
Year with century, as decimal number

%z, %Z
Either the time-zone name or time zone abbreviation, depending on registry settings; no characters if time zone is unknown

%%
Percent sign