Interact Gamecube lcd fried transistor..

sui_winbolo

Well I just purchased an Interact Gamecube 5.4" lcd for $5, the only known problem is a burnt out transistor on the controller board. Does anyone know what type of trnasistor I need to replace the burnt one with? I can't take a picture of it yet, since I still haven't recieved it yet. But hear is the pic of the burnt transistor. Also is this fixable?

Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Fixable? Perhaps, if you can determine what the transistor is. They usually have a code on smt parts, which is difficult to decipher. But then suppose you found the right number and replaced it... whats to keep the new one from going up in smoke? In other words, you're seeing a symptom, but not necessarily the real problem.

sui_winbolo

So there could be another problem with it? Not just a faulty transistor? Well I hope not, do you know what another cause could be from this hapening?

Transistors overheat when the current through them is grossly too high, like from a short circuit somewhere. Unless the short is cleared (or whatever is the cause), the new part will just smoke. More than that I cannot say.

sui_winbolo

OK, I just recieved it today, now do you think I could replace the controller board through the company? The company that sold the gamecube LCD went bankrupt, but could get one through CASIO who makes the boards? Or could I get a different controller board for it to work? like one made by a different company?