I can get winamp 3 playlist information but nothing else

Dono

I am running v.99 build 162
I have installed Winamp 2.x Plugin Manager for Winamp 3

When I try and have my LCD post playlist info such as playlist position or size of playlist everyting works fine.

But

If I try and have my LCD post song info, such as playtime remaining, track name, track length, etc, it wont work.

If i try to display track info it posts "no-track"
and
If I try and display playtime it gives some random numbers that I can decipher for example : "3214063:47.44"

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated
-Dono-
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

SeNTiNeL

If I was you I would just stick with Winamp 2.XX. Winamp3 takes up 73% of system resourses on any system with only 1 song in the playlist. Its a step backward. I had the same problem as you and I just went back to winamp 2. Runs a charm :)

Americanfreak

yeah me too....I uninstalled winamp 3. It should just play MP3's and not try and take over my computer......windows is bad enough....

CF Mark

Administrator
Americanfreak said:
yeah me too....I uninstalled winamp 3. It should just play MP3's and not try and take over my computer......windows is bad enough....
Hahaha... Agreed, WA3 was on my PC for a whole 2 mins.

Dono

Winamp 3 != iTunes for OSX

I think winamp 3 is trying to be the new iTunes for a PC

It seems like they want it more for playing mp3s, rather a multimedia hub and music management system.

If done correctly, it really rocks,for example, iTunes for the mac. That program is really the way to go. And so far the closest thing I've seen on a PC is, Creative Playcenter which came with my audigy.

Anyways, just my Coors ight and THC induced two cents.
-Dono-

nt-

Winamp was bought by AOL. Any questions? WA3 just plain sucks. Resource hog and flakey.